Traveling fever

kblasdel

Does anyone else have traveling fever? I mean those of us who are still shackled to a job. Every time I come home from work, my Sundance is sitting there beside my house beckoning me. Time to plan some trips. We were thinking about going to Branson in the fall. If you have an opinion about Branson, please share it with me. Anything from RV parks to shows to restaurants. Any input is appreciated:angel:

mrcomer

Past Ohio Chapter Leaders (Founding)
Hey Tom,
Branson is really cool. Lots to do and not as congested as Gatlinburg. When we were there for the 2008 Rally we stayed at the KOA. Nice park just off the main road. Kids liked it also. Lots of shows to go to. If they are still there you should definitely see "SIX".

I am getting the fever too. I too have my coach parked next to the garage and see it everyday when I get home from work. I hope we are done with the snow, I have had my fill.

Later,
Mark

2010augusta

I mean those of us who are still shackled to a job. Every time I come home from work, my Sundance is sitting there beside my house beckoning me.

We still work, but get to come home every day walk inside our Landmark and enjoy it. You just have to find a job that allows for more travel.:D

TXBobcat

Fulltime
What do you mean Fall ??:eek:
I am ready to hit the road and I am unemployed.

We are leaving here on Feb. 8th to go to Kerrville TX for the Sweetheart Rally, then to the RGV until April for the Rayford Crossing Rally then East and North and to Bar Harbor Main. Lobster and Lobster and More Lobster.

Branson is a good place to play. We stayed there for a week and saw some shows, took a river boat ride the Branson Belle, All you can eat ribs at the Rib Crib, and we stayed at the Branson Lakeside RV Park. Not the greatest place but if you get a site on the far end it is a good place to be locally. The ABC is suppose to be good but we have not stayed there. Go See the Chebby Museum. That is neat if you like cars.

Have fun
BC

Attachments

• Branson Bridge.jpg
    Branson Bridge.jpg
    110.3 KB · Views: 21
  • Branson Bell.jpg
    Branson Bell.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 22
  • Branson Rib Crib.jpg
    Branson Rib Crib.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 21

jbeletti

I'm getting the fever too! I will have an RV next week - then it's home to pack and headed to Texas! Here's another vote for SIX in Branson. Awesome show. Also, at the RFD Theater, we saw an Eagles cover band - they were VERY good as well. If you're heading down from the north, stop south of Springfield, MO at Lamberts - Home of the Throwed Rolls. Fun! I also had some decent BBQ at Shorty Smalls in Branson.

Have fun.

Jim

htneighbors

Unbelievably Blessed!
Working & living in the Cyclone...just not traveling enough! Definitely tired of the snow here, too! Ready to move on to warmer locations! :)

bacaye

We love Branson. ABC Campground is awesome but a little way from the strip. If you have a GPS and have addresses you can go places quickly. I agree with "SIX" as being outstanding. We liked the Hughes Brothers but a good idea to check when all the families will be appearing. It is worth going on that night. The HayGoods are very good and we really enjoyed NOAH. What they do with props, scenery, etc. is awesome. They do change shows so a good idea to find out what is going on at the Sight and Sound Theatre. The info we got yesterday is showing March 6th as the opening of the theatre. I understand some places are opening early so go online to see what, when, where and how. If you want to laugh a lot go to the Presley's Show. We will hit Baldnobbers the next trip. Plan one full day at least for Silver Dollar City. It is a fun place and with a little planning you can use coupons, etc. to
help with some of expense. You can go online to find out show dates, times and prices. Some shows are more expensive than others so if on a budget take time to plan a little. I can't wait to go back but it is nice to go spring or fall to avoid a lot of people. It will still be busy but more couples and not as many families, school trips, etc. I would suggest you go online and order their vistor packages they have. I hope if you go you will have as much fun as we do.

lwmcguir

We love Branson. ABC Campground is awesome but a little way from the strip. If you have a GPS and have addresses you can go places quickly. I agree with "SIX" as being outstanding. We liked the Hughes Brothers but a good idea to check when all the families will be appearing. It is worth going on that night. The HayGoods are very good and we really enjoyed NOAH. What they do with props, scenery, etc. is awesome. They do change shows so a good idea to find out what is going on at the Sight and Sound Theatre. The info we got yesterday is showing March 6th as the opening of the theatre. I understand some places are opening early so go online to see what, when, where and how. If you want to laugh a lot go to the Presley's Show. We will hit Baldnobbers the next trip. Plan one full day at least for Silver Dollar City. It is a fun place and with a little planning you can use coupons, etc. to
help with some of expense. You can go online to find out show dates, times and prices. Some shows are more expensive than others so if on a budget take time to plan a little. I can't wait to go back but it is nice to go spring or fall to avoid a lot of people. It will still be busy but more couples and not as many families, school trips, etc. I would suggest you go online and order their vistor packages they have. I hope if you go you will have as much fun as we do.

Branson is definitely one of the best places to spend time. The show you mentioned are all great as are another 50 or so. Catch Silver Dollar city in the fall/winter if you can as well. We try to get their twice a year and Christmas is a great time befor the shows shut down.

truknutt

Committed Member
Does anyone else have traveling fever? I mean those of us who are still shackled to a job. Every time I come home from work, my Sundance is sitting there beside my house beckoning me. Time to plan some trips. We were thinking about going to Branson in the fall. If you have an opinion about Branson, please share it with me. Anything from RV parks to shows to restaurants. Any input is appreciated:angel:

To answer the original question....YES I have the fever and being on this forum everyday isn't helping!!

I have been known to slip off to the Cyclone for a catnap on the weekends. Shhhh, don't tell the missus. ;)

P.S. Bobcat, you take the best photos--that bridge shot is kewl.

SmokeyBare

We don't qualify for Cabin Fever. But I've often been effected by Hitch Itch !! Symptoms usually appear after a month or two in one location.

Tom of Ypsi

Before we started fulltiming we had the LM at a storage lot. To satisfy my need for camping I would go over put the slides out and the awning and pretend I was camping. Would get some strange looks when it was snowing and 20 degrees and I would be sitting there enjoying myself.

caissiel

I have been living in a suitcase here in my home town waiting on my granddaughter's health situation.
This site has made me keep this traveling hitch going because our unit is now parked in Florida waiting for my return.
Can't wait to sit in it and stretch my feet and look at the sun coming up on the horizon.

Larryheadhunter

X-Rookies Still Luving it
My wife and I are sitting on the edge of our seats, while I try to recover from numerous health issues as well as smoothing out our ride. Heavy duty camping suspension on a Ford Super Duty with 5 leaf spring sets and a shortbed is tough. Actually waiting for my air ride seats, and some assorted other items and then on to Oroville Nor Cal rally in March. Was itching so bad was almost ready to go to the Grand Canyon in February.

kblasdel

OK Larryheadhunter, I'll bite. What are air ride seats? I have a hip that gives me some trouble, so I might be interested in something like that. Of course, DH would probably enjoy them too.

kblasdel

Sorry to hear of your granddaughter's health problems caissiel. We will pray she gets better soon and you can hit the road.

Larryheadhunter

X-Rookies Still Luving it
Air Ride Seats

OK Larryheadhunter, I'll bite. What are air ride seats? I have a hip that gives me some trouble, so I might be interested in something like that. Of course, DH would probably enjoy them too.

Air ride seats are seats that truck drivers use on their big rigs. You can buy them online at different companies including suburban, industrial seats, etc.

They include the front seats, air compressor, and suspension under the seat. It's easily installable by professionals. Check it out.

kblasdel

I mentioned the air seats to my husband who is a firefighter. He knew exactly what they are because they are in the fire trucks. Who knew?

caissiel

I am sorry to tell everyone this but my granddaughter is now terminal and it could be any day.
So far she is taking it very well, wish I could have her courage.
She keeps going by planning for the future days she has left and making the best of them.
We are going to stay here till she passes away, and give support to our son and daughter. My friend and his wife are my son's inlaw's, they are also here and their unit is now parked in Avon Park Florida.