Considering a new 3850

shriver63

Just want to confirm that the hitch weight of 2871# is without the genny correct? What is the difference between the standard graphics and the full throttle ones?

Mike Aplin

You are correct. That weight is without the gen. installed since the coach comes standard with the gen. prep. The standard graphics are the "earth tone" colors and the optional Full Throttle graphics are the blue and silver colors. Thank you, Mike

jimtoo

Hi shriver63,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and hopefully to the Family of owners. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to help if needed.

Enjoy the forum and ask your questions.

Jim M

shriver63

Looking at a 3850 because we have 3 teenage boys that will probably camp with us until we kick them out...lol. Not really buying for the toy end even though I have 3 four wheelers and 2 golf carts. Just like the room for the big boys.

My concern is with 5 of us in our 2008 F250 CC SB 6.4 we are tipping the scales at about 9100 lbs so it cuts into our rv size. I do have a very nice semi I use here on the farm but then we can't all ride together because it is a day cab. I checked the laws here in Illinois and surrounding states about riding in the 5th wheel and it is legal but that concerns me. Hate to take our Colorado trip with two vehicles.

Mike Aplin

This is a touchy subject when it comes to state laws and riding in a fifth wheel. Most state laws suggest that it is OK to ride in a unit as long as one has two way communication with tow vehicle. Without any seatbelts inside of the FW, this makes for a very scary ride in my opinion. Please be safe as we really want you to join the Heartland RV family. Take care, Mike

smday

I have to agree with Mike. It would be a long and scarey ride. For me I would like to know where i am all the time, plus with the 3850 you would have to stay in the front bedroom because the slides are closed during travel.