Garage TV

ArlingtonFire

:D Found out my 3812 goes on line 2/2 and looking at tv's for the garage. I was looking at a 26" but not sure if too big for the opening. What have you all installed ??
Thanks any help appreciated!!

Manke3010

Not sure if your 2011 will have a larger framed out cabinet for the garage tv than mine. I just put a 19" in my garage. May be able to squeeze a 22", but had my 19 lcd leftover from my old rig....
Congrats on the upcoming new toy :)

Yianni

We bought a tv with a built in dvd player at Sams for the garage. It's great for the kids with the dvd. It was 22 or 23 inch. I remember it was an odd size but it fit perfectly in the framed in cabinet. I also bought the swing arm for mounting at Sams. I bought suitcase luggage straps at Orchard Supply Hardware and used them to secure the tv during travel. They are identical to the tie downs on the factory tv.
Let me know if you want a picture or to measure the tv.

ArlingtonFire

Pics would be great Yianni........Porthole does the swingarm cause it to stick out past the cabinet when fully pushed in?? Appreciate the fast responses

porthole

Retired
does the swingarm cause it to stick out past the cabinet when fully pushed in??

The trailer is closed up and the TV's out, so I can't go check to see exactly where it sits.

But I am pretty sure it is about even with face frame or slightly recessed.

Attachments

• D30_6033.JPG
    D30_6033.JPG
    329.9 KB · Views: 90

Yianni

Craig,
Here are some pics of ours. It is a Hitachi 26 inch with built in dvd. I think the built in dvd makes the tv a little wider so it sticks out about 1 1/2 inches. It still looks good and is not really a big deal. The cabinet itself is only 5 3/4 deep, so unless you have a really flat swing arm, it may stick out. I found in the garage you need more tilt up and down than swing out, depending if the kids are on the bottom or top bed.
I think this tv was $299.00 at Sams.
Good luck!

Attachments

• DSC02448 (resized).jpg
    DSC02448 (resized).jpg
    10.7 KB · Views: 69
  • DSC02446 (resized).jpg
    DSC02446 (resized).jpg
    11 KB · Views: 62
  • DSC02445 (resized).jpg
    DSC02445 (resized).jpg
    10.1 KB · Views: 61
  • DSC02449 (resized).jpg
    DSC02449 (resized).jpg
    14 KB · Views: 64
  • DSC02443 (resized).jpg
    DSC02443 (resized).jpg
    6.2 KB · Views: 59

ArlingtonFire

Thank You for the pics I thought the cabinet had more depth. The 26" tv w/DVD I was looking had like a 9" depth and then plus the bracket. I was thinking of a tilt bracket but probably would not be able to get to the DVD part. Thanks !!!

DC10-FE

... I also bought the swing arm for mounting at Sams.

I'm curious as to what kind/size of screws/bolts did you use to mount the swing arm to the back plate? Did you use the screws that came with the swing arm? How long are they and did they penetrate into the wall where the refrigerator is mounted on the other side? Thanks for any input.