Fifth wheel hitch

B. Lee

Firecapt422
I have a new tow vehicle and need to put new rails in the bed for the hitch. I have a Husky 16k hitch and noticed that husky now has an under the bed mount system so when the you take out the hitch there are no rails in the bed. Is any one using an under the bed rail system and if so how do you like it?

Thanks, Butch

branson4020

Icantre Member
I opted for the under bed no-rail mounting system when I installed my Pullrite. It cost a lot extra. Now I find I almost never remove the hitch anyway, so for me it wasn't worth the extra money.

geeksrus

I have a Reese Signature 18K under bed mount... great when you have to remove the hitch to get a load of dirt or rock... hitch breaks down into two pieces to make lifting the heavy bugger much easier.

Eh!

porthole

Retired
I have a Reese Signature 18K under bed mount... great when you have to remove the hitch to get a load of dirt or rock... hitch breaks down into two pieces to make lifting the heavy bugger much easier.

Eh!

The SuperGlide only "breaks down" to the saddle. I use a winch in my garage to remove the hitch. I did it one time by myself and no mechanical advantage and it will only be that one time.

The Superglide fits close enough that you have to lift it off the rails evenly or else it binds.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
My 16K Reese comes out in two sections that I can handle without a voice change. I just lay some 2x4's over the rails with some 3/4" plywood strips for cribbing under them when I need to haul plywood sheets and lumber. Worked fine for picking up my 500 lb. jointer (crated) from the freight terminal. But then, the few times I've needed dirt or gravel, I had it delivered on my driveway.

2010augusta

The bed that is on our f-450 has the rails "Frenched" into it so we get a nice level loading surface without the under-mount rails.

Supposedly there is/was a filler panel for the area too, so the bed would be completely flat, but it did not come with the used truck. oh well, we love it still, and the hitch has not been out for 8 months now anyway.

PSF513

5th Wheel Hitch

We run an 18K B&W Companion setup that is under bed mounted. It is just great. 5 bolts removes it and the bed is all mine to haul stuff.

Ernest-T

We have a Reese 18K signature series under the bed rails. It has a very clean look and is easy to take out and install and no rails to get in the way when you want to load your bed.

reverts

Hi, we have the Husky 16K under bed mount and we love it. My wife and I lift it out and put it on a cart we found at Sears and wheel it back to our shed. Plug the holes and you have a level bed, works great.:)