Seriously Considering a 35qsqb

murphmom

Well here goes my first post!!!! Would like anyone that has has a bunk model elkridge to reply. We are seriously considering purchasing a FW 35qsqb Elkridge. Pro's /Cons???? I have viewed the unit a couple times and love it!!! Feels well built, between this model and a Jayco. This is our 2nd RV to be purchased, and still unsure, just want feedback, my kids did love the private bunkshouse and their own bathroom. Will be towing it with a F350 duelly, so thats not an issue at all. Would appreciate any and all advice!

slmayor

Founding California Northern Chapter Leader
I can't speak to the Elk Ridge as I haven't been inside one. They do look great and have some nice floorplans. I can tell you that Heartland is a great company and I love my Big Horn. We've had it a little ove 2 years and other than a couple of minor issues, it's been perfect.
We had looked at Jayco, Cedar Creek, Montana and Cardinal which are all good , but it was a pretty clear difference in the materials used that made us go with the BH. At the time, they were all in the same price range, but the HL unit had many, many more standard features than the others.
Good luck on whatever you decide, but I don't think you can go wrong with a Heartland product.

jimtoo

Hi murphmom,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and hopefully to the family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share and help if needed.

The Elkridge will keep the children happy and that's a big plus to have them in their own room sometimes. The Heartland units are great and the factory support is the best.

Enjoy the forum and become a family member.

Jim M

B

bwwalczak

You have made a great choice considering the ElkRidge over the Jayco. Some of the biggest reasons customers are choosing the ElkRidge over the Jayco is the layout. The 35QSQB has a better 2nd bathroom entrance door location, with door to the outside, slam baggage doors and the option for oak or cherry cabinets. The best reason to buy an ElkRidge over a Jayco is the price. You should find a Jayco MSRP around $54K while the ElkRidge should be about $10K less.

Remember, ElkRidge also offers the solid surface countertops, hidden cabinet hinges, and several other convience features.

Why pay $10k more for an extra year warranty(JAYCO)??? With ElkRidge you will purchase the best value on the market!

SilverRhino

I would agree with Bryan.

Last summer when we were shopping for our Big Country....the dealer had an Elk Ridge and Jayco both on his lot. The salesman showed us the ER because they had a great deal on it. He told us how great it would be for the grandkids...we love them, but not that much!

We did look at the Jayco also...nice unit but the "bunk house" layout on the ER was much more user friendly.

Originally we went to the dealer thinking about a Jayco...but after carefully looking at both manufacturers we decided that HL had a better product....we have been extremely happy with our decision.

Just my observations.

Good Luck with your purchase...hope you join the HL "family"!

murphmom

We bought an elkridge!!!

hey there!!! we just ordered our brand new elkridge today!!!! 35QSQB, should be here in a couple monthes and i am so excited, thanks for all the advice!

murphmom

Hey Brian, I believe you are the rep for our area, as the sales man talked to you today!!!! We did order the elkridge, really looking forward to the camping season!

jimtoo

Welcome to the Heartland Family Murphmom. Now the hard part begins,,, WAITING!!

Gather all the information and do a good PDI when you pick it up.

Jim M

murphmom

I know hey!!!!! I was showing our kids, and after the year we have had, i cant wait to be out camping and realxing!

smday

Congrats on the new family member. Hope you enjoy it as i am hoping to enjoy my Cyclone this year.

We are currently getting one and will probably finalize on it tomorrow. We are moving back to Alaska from Oklahoma and until we sell our Oklahoma house we will be living in the camper. My wife Myself one daughter 12 and one son 8.... Oh and one Deagle (1/4 Beagle and 3/4 Daucshund). We think it will fit us well... I plan to put a curtain down the middle of the back room to separate the two.... That might be a good design option cause most families that look at these have more than one child.

We brought ours home Wednesday, we drove to Texas to get it because we got a a better deal. We have it packed and ready to go. We looked at a new 2011, and fell in love with it. But it had one button that put out all 4 slides, I was not to happy with that. And I was not wild about the color scheme. And the dealer did not want to come down very much. So I searched the internet and found one in Texas, A 2012 with Carmel color, we got a real good deal on it so we drove down last Monday to get it. We were pleasantly surprised! It was much prettier than we thought and the slides all had there own buttons so we can let them out one at a time. This one was also had a lot of extras the 2011 didn't. We love it so far. We spent two nights in it at the dealer in Texas and checked it out real good and had them fix some minor cosmetic things and then we brought it home! Can't wait to take it out!