More New Purchase Questions

RickFox

My wife is interested in the 3812 (I very much like the 3812 but nothing will happen unless momma is happy!) but has come upon the idea of purchasing it without either the dining booth or the table/chairs - leaving that area of the living area open. We could then put a recliner in the open space.

She would also like to purchase a 2nd couch (similar to the one typically installed in the living area) that she would then actually position in the garage. This couch could then be positioned adjacent to the garage table for eating, playing games etc, and could also be used as an additional bed since it has the air mattress. This would also allow a person to walk past the side of the couch to access the garage area toward the back ramp without having to go outside and around. And, if desired this couch could also be turned toward the back ramp so that one could sit in the couch and look back through the open ramp door, or even be placed up against one of the side walls.

Doing the above would essentially take the place of the dual garage beds, and be alot more flexible. The thought is that the couch would be pushed up toward the inside door wall while on the road, and there would still be room for my Harley, and her golf cart in the rear (3' width of couch, and 8' length of HD and GC)

This set up would make momma happy! Can this be accomplished, and does it make sense?

jimtoo

Hey RickFox,

I look at it this way,,,, If Momma is Happy.... then Everybody will be happy and also gets to eat.

But her idea does sound good and I bet if you talk to your dealer he can make things happen.

Jim M

RickFox

Jim,

Do you know how I can get info from the factory? For example, the MSRP sheet shows an option called "Sofa/dinette Combo". What does that mean? I have been told that the 3812 can be purchased with a free standing table and chairs. Is that what the above sited option is? If so, it seems they could do a better job describing the option.

When I asked the Cyclone dealer, they had no clue. They also had no clue whether I could purchase a second couch.

Is there a place on the website that I can post these types of questions?

Another example, one of the brochures states that the trailer length is measured from the king pin to the back end of the trailer, and would be 9" longer if an extended hitch were installed, yet I see nothing about an extended hitch being an option. Again, the dealer had no clue about this question.

Yet again, I saw Internet photos of a unit that had an electric fireplace installed, but there is no mention in the MSRP about this option.

Is there a customer service group at Heartland that can provide answers to these types of questions?

I'm thinking that someone can answer these questions, but I'e found that the dealer typically is not the one to turn to looking for answers!

Tom of Ypsi

Is there a customer service group at Heartland that can provide answers to these types of questions?

I'm thinking that someone can answer these questions, but I'e found that the dealer typically is not the one to turn to looking for answers!

Go to the top of this page and click on Portal. On the left hand side mid way down is customer service. Do not forget that today is Saturday and they are not open for business.

jimtoo

Monday you could call Customer Service (877-262-8032 / 574-262-8030) and they should be able to help you. Mike Aplin is Cyclone brand manager I believe.

Jim M

robnmo

Rickfoxx

We understand your dilema very well. We got a different answer for the same basic type of questions from nearly every dealer, it's not really their fault in my opinion they've got alot of RV's they're dealing with and I understand that. We did have 2 dealers that called for us and asked those questions, one dealer that let us talk to the rep ourselves.....(they got the sale) :D something you might want to consider also, we found that by removing things like a couch, dinette, etc are not going to gain you alot of credit like removing a generator, the smaller tv's, small fridge, etc, . Also something you might want to think about is when you go to resale or trade in later you might drastically affect that value by making it more "personally set up just for you", so an option we did was get it as close as possible and we'll remove what we don't want and add what we do, then when trade in/ resale time comes we can put it back to original floorplan if it's going to make a difference..........chances are your going to pay pretty much the same with or without a couch and dinette.........but I've been wrong before. Just another option to consider if it helps.

Good luck