Step light Lens

busted2341

..Has anyone had this problem?....The lens on the step light keeps popping off. My 3055 came without the lens, so it popped off during travel for delvery and I have replaced two of them. The third one popped off even with duct tape holding the lens on. Anyway I wonder if the whole light holder is to tight or just defecive or what else I can do to keep the things on and in place...:mad: ...just one of those little bother you things...

ChopperBill

How about a bead of silicone around the edge of the lens. If it gets out of that call it "Houdini" and buy a different light. Preferably one thats not haunted! ;)

Princess Kathleen

My is missing also, but with all that the LS has been through I thought it just got lost in all of her woes....

Thanks for the heads up

PK

sislv

Tom & Sharol
Lost Lens

We just returned from our first trip to shake down our new 3055RL and lost the lens on the utility light under the nose of the Bighorn. We managed to find one at an RV dealer and after installing the new lens, I put some duct tape strips over the ends of the lens. It felt like there wasn't a positive click when I put the lens on so maybe that is the problem. I'll look at it later.

The one back of the steps has been cracked since we got the Bighorn. It does come close to the steps so maybe that is what cracked it.

jbeletti

I lost one lens from the step light on my Landmark early on. I noticed it was loose, sort of fluttering. Snapped it back on a few times before I lost it completely. I too was considering the silicone rubber tip that Bill gives above. I was going t put a couple of dabs at the seam. Too late though - lost it.

The replacement lens has stayed on for nearly a year now though. Never considered the steps hitting the lens as driver311 mentions. He pulls a lot of them so he'd know. Worth checking out for sure.

Jim

Scott

If you continue to have lenses falling off your light, then it is probably a situation where we just need to have the light replaced. Contact your dealer about getting a new light for your coach.

ST

nscaler2

Scott

My dealer didn't want to help me. Said that it was not a warranty item. Wanted to charge me $5.00 for the lens plus shipping. Coley was kind enough to send me one, however it was destroyed in shipping, (no packing was used). My dealer is in Iola, Ks 120 miles from me and not very cooperative. I need a dealer who cares. I live near Kansas City. Help PLEASE :eek:

Scott

Technically, lenses are not warranty items, but I know that it is frustrating to loose them more than once. We can send you a new light. Just contact our customer service dept. (574.262.8030) and talk to your regional service rep (West/Midwest/East) and ask them to forward the info to me for verification and I'll make sure you get one.
ST

busted2341

Scott,

Just to let you know...the lens seems to be a little short on the attach points but the few others I have seen are flying off as well....I tried to use silicone and duct tape, they just seem to fly off....I'll see what happens from my dealer, who has been pretty good to me for years now...