Shopping for North Country 27BHS

Komelika

Hello! My Wife, Lisa, and I are currently shopping for the 27BHS. Pretty exciting process. We're hoping to make an offer on Wednesday or Thursday. So you may see a pretty excited new member posting pictures all the time soon. We sold our Flagstaff pop-up a year ago so everything about this trailer is a major upgrade. The bunks are great, especially the full bed lower bunk compared to the two twin mattresses on other models. We have a 3 yr. old Daughter (Makenna) and another baby on the way so the BH model was crucial.

Quick question about the forums; how do I invert the display order from 1st post to last post? I've never seen the reverse order fromat like this and I can't get used to it.

SouthernNights

Past South Carolina Chapter Leader
Hi Komelika and welcome to the forum. I hope your NT offer goes well and you can join us as a club member.

You will enjoy the people and info here.

I wish I knew how to invert the posts. No idea on this forum. I am not sure you can do it here.

Bob&Ellen

Hi, Komelika, and Welcome! We just moved up from a North Country 26BH to the 30BHS, actually, we also moved to the "Lakeside" series because we liked the exterior. Before you make the offer, ask your dealer about "Lakeside". They are the same floor plan, just with a few upgrades inside and out.
What are you towing with?

jimtoo

Hello! My Wife, Lisa, and I are currently shopping for the 27BHS. Pretty exciting process. We're hoping to make an offer on Wednesday or Thursday. So you may see a pretty excited new member posting pictures all the time soon. We sold our Flagstaff pop-up a year ago so everything about this trailer is a major upgrade. The bunks are great, especially the full bed lower bunk compared to the two twin mattresses on other models. We have a 3 yr. old Daughter (Makenna) and another baby on the way so the BH model was crucial.

Quick question about the forums; how do I invert the display order from 1st post to last post? I've never seen the reverse order fromat like this and I can't get used to it.

Hi Komelika,

To change how your display list threads and replies.,,,, on the Portal Page, on left side click on "User CP",,,go down to 3rd section on left,,"Settings and Options",,,,select "Edit Options",,,,third group down..."Thread Display Options"....second box select "Thread display Mode".... make you choice as to "oldest first". That will show oldest or 1st post first and then the reply to the question below it....

Hope this helps,,,

Enjoy the forum and hopefully become a family member.
Jim M

SouthernNights

Past South Carolina Chapter Leader
Hi Komelika,

To change how your display list threads and replies.,,,, on the Portal Page, on left side click on "User CP",,,go down to 3rd section on left,,"Settings and Options",,,,select "Edit Options",,,,third group down..."Thread Display Options"....second box select "Thread display Mode".... make you choice as to "oldest first". That will show oldest or 1st post first and then the reply to the question below it....

Hope this helps,,,

Enjoy the forum and hopefully become a family member.
Jim M

Thanks Jim, much better with the new posts first. I did not know that could be changed.

Komelika

My wife might be changing her mind on the North Country. She doesn't like the size of the bathroom sink area and small vanity mirror. It didn't occur to me that there are no mirrors in the bedroom either. This might be a disqualifier unless they canbe optioned in.

Two Hands

The CEO/Navigator and I went from a tent trailer to a travel trailer and then to the Big Horn fifth wheel. We should have skipped the travel trailer. The fifth wheel is so much easier to hook up and so much easier to tow.

Komelika

I'd like a 5er myself for all of those reasons, but they are a bit further from our price range at this point. I'm still working on the North Country. I told her I can mount a full length mirror in the bedroom. She is still interested, especially due to some of the quotes we are recieving. We're close to the $19K range with a WD hitch.

caissiel

A TT units is great and economical.
Like my neigbour with his 7500# TT, he only goes camping 30 miles and then takes it home. Hardly any weight in it also. He loves my 5th wheel though.
I do leave for 2K miles trips and in no way could I survive the long trips with a TT.

Komelika

We'll probably be ranging in the 100 to 300 mile round trip range for the most part. We may take longer trips on occasion, but not too often. We love the Jemez Mts. and Cabelo Lake, which are both close to us.

Komelika

I went to my local Heartland Dealer with the offer I have from another dealer out of state. He said he couldn't touch the price. He gave me all the reasons buying from him was worth the several thousand dollars extra. I shook his hand, thanked him for his time, and walked out. The other dealership sent their staff home because of a snow storm, but we should be finalizing the deal by Saturday afternoon. Should be on the road next weekend or the week later to take delivery of a 2010 North Country 27BHS!

Komelika

Well it has been a frustrating weekend in the financing department. I went to my credit union and applied for the loan, which was approved. The problem is they only gave me a choice between 60 or 72 months even though their website said they would finance up to 144 months. When I told them I was there for the 144 months they said their website was out of date. So they ran my credit for nothing. I am currently waiting for BofA to call since they do all of their loans online, butit looks like it will be tomorrow before I get an answer. They will do 144 for .5% less. I'm sure it will get approved, but waiting is frustrating. I'm sure it will all work out and I will be on the road Friday to take delivery of my new 2010 North Country 27BHS. The dealership has been awesome throughout this process.

jimtoo

Congratulations Komelika,

I know you will like your new toy. Just take your time and do a really good PDI. Stay overnight if you can and really check it out. Have fun and give us reports on your PDI and travels.

Have a great time and enjoy your new toy.

Jim M