Slow gray water drain from shower

fatchance

I have a 2009 Big Country 2950 RK When draining my gray water from the shower after pulling the gate valve with the tank full the water just trickles out, after owning several travel trailers before this one the others the water flows fast and hard like I feel it should. The other gray tank drains very fast like it should, this problem has been like this since the first trip after we picked the unit up, any suggestions.

jimtoo

Hi Mark,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and Family. I see you have been a member for a while. As you can see we have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to help.

I see you say it has been this way from beginning, if so, maybe the valve is not opening all the way or there could be something in the tank blocking the exit, like tank cutout. If you have or could borrow something like this Flush King or something close, you could backflush into tank and maybe move whatever is blocking it out of the way till you could take it in for repairs.

Let us know what you find.

Enjoy the forum.

Jim M

TXBobcat

Fulltime
Try to open both gray water tanks at the same time. I have found that I have a similar problem with my Gray water to the kitchen. When I open the gray water valve to the shower it goes out pretty well. I think I have a vent clogged causing a vacuum, holding the water back from draining.

I am going to have to check mine when I get to a place that is a bit warmer.

See if I can conn Jimtoo into inspecting it with me.

BC

Northern Virginia
I had problems with my tanks until I figured this out. The kitchen gray tank is behind the rear axle. The shower/lav tank is under the shower. Both tanks dump toward the middle of the camper. When dumping, it is critical to get the trailer as close to level-front to back and leaning towards the off door side. If I get this right, the tanks dump fine.

caissiel

I have found that by emptying both tanks the rear tank will just empty toward the shower tank and then the shower tank empties in the drain, or prevent the lower shower tank to empty, only after the kitchen tank. The kitchen tank is higher by the axles then the shower tank that is under the black tank, on the lower part of the frame on the 09's.
Maybe by opening both valves the higher tank will empty in the lower tank and push what is blocking it.

Close the hose connection with the cap and then open both tank. the higher (kitchen Tank) will fill the lower (shower tank) and then the blockage might just flush out.

Then close both valves and then connect the hose and try to empty the lower shower tank, and see how it flows.

I found this out by luck. I opened the both valves one time and the shower tank filled as per the gauge, and the kitchen tank emptied on the gauge. I was trying to fill the kitchen tank with the shower tank because we have a washer on it. So it didn't work just the reverse happened.