Went to the RV show, Pleasanton, CA

DH and I went to the show Sat. 1/23/10 ... had to pay $8 for parking AND $9.00 PER PERSON to ATTEND the show! Wow.

It was very disappointing. The very few 5th wheel toy haulers there were OLD ... 2007s. JP RV in Livermore, CA or PJ (?) had a Cyclone. We got excited ... only to find out the sales people (2) had NO idea or info on the product. I asked how long the RV was ... was told "I don't know". The 2nd guy said "39 ft." ... so I said "Oh...it's a 3950?" ... "I don't know" ... it was a 2007 and it looked it. Very outdated and poor layout. That part is NOT the dealership's issue ... neither of the 2 sales people engaged us in any conversation or treated us as though we were buyers. Actually, they didn't speak to us at all ... except to answer those 2 questions. :eek:

Also ... there was almost no one at the show. Parking lot was less than 1/2 full. There was TONS of room to walk around ... as opposed to fighting crowds to get from one place to another as we have in the past. :(

Toy haulers in general are not represented or appreciated ... IMHO. I approached a toy hauler and a woman had JUST (seconds) walked in and I heard her say "Walter ... it's a toy hauler ... let's go". There were MANY people wrinkling their nose and huffing and leaving the toy haulers and saying disparaging things. Why? You get TONS of room, options, AND GARAGE for LESS money than big 5th wheel travel trailers! :cool:

What am I missing? What don't I know? :confused: Well ... on the second question, there's TONS I don't know ... buy I think you know what I mean.

Oh well ... we are planning a very long trip to look at newer models.