New 3580 and the slide fix.

bigbird272

O.K. you guys. I went to the dealer today to speak to them about my concerns. The trailer we are buying has been sitting on the lot for almost a year. There were no issues with the slide but I am getting them to put the plastic molding on the bottom of all the slides. I saw three trailer on the lot that had the plastic added to the bottom of the slides to prevent the plywood from separating. This fix looks great and there is no doubt in my mind that it will solve the problem. It looks live a very professional repair. We have decided to complete the purchase. We pick it up next Monday. We will take in our present trailer and transfer all of of out stuff over to the new one. We may stay on there lot over night to check things out. I will make sure that all the hose connections on the trailer have been checked so that there will be no issues regarding leaks at the faucets etc.

Thanks to everyone for their replys to my posts. It is a beautiful trailer and I am sure it will supply us with years of enjoyment.

Rick

caissiel

Congradulation, on the deal.
You are now an expert, and I am sure you will be satisfied.
Happy Trailering Rick

When I picked mine up I was so happy that I travelled 100 miles and later found out that the 4 tanks were 2/3 full. And I was parked at a campsite with no sewer connections. They had filled up while the PDL on the unit was being done and connected on the water.

bigbird272

I feel like an expert now lol. I have read more threads than I can believe. The local dealership sure put my mind at ease and explained that the slide thing was an easy fix.

Will pick up next Monday Feb1st. Maybe stay over night on there lot. We will see. I will get them to check water lines etc, which I am sure they will do. Also have them check seals etc. Will let you know after I get acquainted. Lots of books to read and things to test. The first this is to get the tv up and running lol, a guy thing.

Rick

chall

We are looking to purchase the 3580 later this year. What is the problem exactly with the slide? I'm new to the forum and have not read all the posts.
Thanks

bigbird272

At the bottom of the slides they use 3/4 inch plywood. The bottom edges on some units strarted to seperate. They put a piece of plastic molding on the bottom edges so that it no longer happens. It is a good fix and permanent so not to worry. Looks finished when they do it.

Rick

SilverRhino

Congratulations

Congratulations on your purchase!!

I think you will be very satisfied and enjoy your HL for many years to come. You approached it in the correct way...did your research, asked questions, researched some more and then made a decision based on knowledge, not emotions.

Welcome to the "family"!

Travel Safe!

SJH

Past Washington Chapter Leaders
At the bottom of the slides they use 3/4 inch plywood. The bottom edges on some units strarted to seperate. They put a piece of plastic molding on the bottom edges so that it no longer happens. It is a good fix and permanent so not to worry. Looks finished when they do it.

Rick

Any chance of a picture?