Greased Lightning

ChopperBill

ABSOLUTELY the best cleaner you will ever try! I never heard about it until last week from a friend. About 3 bucks for a 32oz spray bottle at Wal-Mart or other places. I sprayed the bugs on the front of our TC and in seconds I wiped them off! It will out do the dryer sheets in nothing flat! If you buy it and it is not the best you ever bought I'll buy it back from you! You pay shipping! ;)

ct0218

I think I've seen it in both places. Sam's has it also, but it sure is hard on the wax job.

ChopperBill

I have found that wax is probably the easiest thing to remove with most any good cleaner. If it wont take wax off it generally wont take anything else off.

ct0218

Bill, you're right about the wax. GL does clean good, even better than Simple Green

kognito

Bill. I agree that greased lightning is a great product, but be careful when using it full strength.

It yellowed the white plastic border around my entrance door window a little bit.

Works great on black streaks, too

J

Jim_1899

Cleaner that works great!

I have been using a cleaning product to clean the outside of my Bighorn and the bathroom's in my home that cleans fast and takes bugs, tar, or soap scum right off with no effort. The name is Kaiblooey and is a industrial restroom cleaner. Information on the product can be found at:

http://www.kaivac.com/chemicals.asp

It also shines the aluminum on my truck wheels too. I buy a case of four gallons which last me a couple of years, although I give a lot away. I don't sell the product, but after you use it you will want to always have some in stock.
:)

Netem

Has anyone thought about what some of these cleaners may do to the vinyl on the sides?

j52946

Greased lightning on gel coat

I bought a bottle of the greased lightning blast and wasn't sure whether it should be used full strength or diluted so I checked their web site. It says not to use the product on gel coat. Has anyone found any problem using it on gel coat or on the decals on the sides of the trailer?

Cooper

You will find out in a few months. When you look at the spot you put the harsh chemical on and its dull and you can not get it to shine. There is a lot of strong chemicals out there that will do the job and also removes material that you do not want removed.

navyAZ1

The best and cheapest cleaner I have found was discovered by a friend who has a aluminum sided camper and could not get anything to take the black streaks off, he found this stuff and it only cost $1 per bottle called "Awesome Orange" sold only at "The Dollar Tree". This stuff will clean anything I even had some vinyl siding on the house that was stained by our infamous Georgia red clay nothing would take off the stain until I tried "Awesome Orange" it was like I was wiping off dust this stuff truely is "Awesome"!:D

Loco

Just a little tip I have found about our Cyclone and all of it graphics. I us Turtle wax wash and wax on our sides and it works great! It also looks likes it help keeping the black stains from sticking so bad. That is all I use on our rig. Only when it gets bad black stains I will use a little beach water to hit the marks only. Then wash it with wash and wax right after the beach to lay more wax on.

Niles

We had some friends use awesome on their camper and it ate the chalking around the seals. Might want to just try it on something before you do the whole rig.

ChopperBill

I bought a bottle of the greased lightning blast and wasn't sure whether it should be used full strength or diluted so I checked their web site. It says not to use the product on gel coat. Has anyone found any problem using it on gel coat or on the decals on the sides of the trailer?

Didnt know that. Thanks for the info. So far I havent used it on the gel coat and wont now.

katkens

Founding Illinios Chapter Leader-retired
I use Voom RV All Purpose Cleaner & Degreaser on everything inside and out on the trailer. I got mine at Camping World but have seen it at some dealer stores. Its even safe for rubber roofs , so no looking for the Spic & Span anymore....Ken