microwave replacement

fyermn

I have a Bighorn 2925RK, and I have a problem with the microwave oven. Somehow, the part in the center of the microwave, that turns the glass plate has sunk and will no longer reach high enough to rotate the glass. My simple solution is to replace the microwave, but I cannot find one of the same size(Sylvania). The trim frame is made for the exact microwave that I am having problems with. Others are either to wide or to high. Is there a way to find a new trim frame to fit a similar microwave?

Mels Musty Music

I have/had the Sylvania in our BH3055 and the same thing happened to ours last summer. I pulled it out and found a round plate about 4" in diameter on the bottom that I pulled out - I think I had to break a couple of metal tabs to do so. Found the motor with the piece that powers the turntable had come unscrewed (a single screw). Remounted the motor bracket and it worked fine.
Unfortunately we just experienced alot of electrical problems here in AZ and in addition to the microwave I lost the converter, a 30 amp cord and my sat. box. Not sure if it was the campground power, the recent storms here or a problem with the BH wiring.
Hope this helps.

geeksrus

Unfortunately we just experienced alot of electrical problems here in AZ and in addition to the microwave I lost the converter, a 30 amp cord and my sat. box. Not sure if it was the campground power, the recent storms here or a problem with the BH wiring.
Hope this helps.

Sounds like you didn't have power protection like a Surge Guard or a Smart Surge, etc. After you get your stuff fixed, I suggest you purchase one.

Eh!