connecting wiring harness for brake controller

Invizatu

Senior Road Warriors
I have a 2003 Dodge ram 1500 with tow package. The male connector is located (mounted) in such a manner (behind a very tight bundle of wires) that you cannot slip in the female connector, not enough room between the wires and front of male connector. The male connector appears to be mounted in such a manner that it should be able to slip in and out of the
plastic box it sits atop. There are several wire bundles and connectors that I suppose I could take apart and reassemble after matching up the two connectors, but I would like to stay away from that and I can't imagine why there is not a more simple approach to this. How do I get the male connector loose? :confused:
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Invizatu, depending on what brand of brake controller you have you may be able to get a plugin harness to match your vehicle. If you have a Tekonsha, call them and see if one is available for you. If none is available, they can tell you which wires to tap into. Good luck.

Peace
Dave

Invizatu

Senior Road Warriors
Thanks Dave... I bought the P3 and the harness for the Dodge. The problem is getting access to the male connector in the truck to plug the harness into.

sunflower

Is the connecter blue?You will have to do it the same way as anyone else,pry move and retie.I have had them very tight but doable,4 dodges.

Gaffer

Found a picture. Take out the screw, seperate the white connector. Plug in your controller and put the white connector back together. Good idea to disconnect your battery first.

Attachments

• dodge-brake-control-wiring-harness_Full.jpeg
    dodge-brake-control-wiring-harness_Full.jpeg
    29.1 KB · Views: 36

Invizatu

Senior Road Warriors
Thanks Gaffer... That was my plan, if there wasn't an easier way to get the male connector more accessible.