possible new BC owner

TGLBWH

North Central Region Directors-Retired
Went to Detroit RV show in October with Tom from Ypsi (brother) and loved the new BC. Have been thinking about the 3355RL or 3395RE. Any input from owners appreciated since the new show is Feb. 10-13 and may take the plunge. Thanks in advance

PSF513

I own a BC 3550 TSL and absolutely love it. I don't think you can go wrong with a BC unless you have more money than you know what to do with. Then buy a Landmark and an F-450.

SouthernNights

Past South Carolina Chapter Leader
We have a BC 3250. Lots of value for the dollar with the BC.
Consider the rear molded cap which is optional. Might not be real functional but sure looks good.

caissiel

Nice unit the BC's, I am sure you will enjoy the unit. They are nice pulling trailers.

We have the G tires and it pull like a dream.

Teresa

Assuming BC means Big Country

Okay I am so new is hurts. We had the plans to buy a 5th wheel of another brand.....but just went to a RV show over the weekend and overheard someone referring to the "trampoline test" on the slide outs. We did this in every 5th wheel we went in to. We now changed our minds on the previous model and are now in the process of buying a Big country. I love the kitchen layout. I hate people in my kitchen (I have 3 kids) when I cook. I love the wrap around counter and the nice large living area. I don't know which model this is, but I love it.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Okay I am so new is hurts. We had the plans to buy a 5th wheel of another brand.....but just went to a RV show over the weekend and overheard someone referring to the "trampoline test" on the slide outs. We did this in every 5th wheel we went in to. We now changed our minds on the previous model and are now in the process of buying a Big country. I love the kitchen layout. I hate people in my kitchen (I have 3 kids) when I cook. I love the wrap around counter and the nice large living area. I don't know which model this is, but I love it.
OK I give up. What is the "trampoline test"? Jumping up & down in the slide out???

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
Can't go wrong with the Big Country. We have had our BC for right about 3 years and love every minute camping with it. We have been from lower Florida, to Yellowstone, to PA with many trips to SC, NC and of course TN. Oh and did I say the BC has a lot a bang for the buck. Hope things work out for you.

Tom of Ypsi

TGLBWH,

Just unload that purse of yours and buy the BC that you want unless the DW wants something bigger like BH or a LM. The Houston RV show is about the same time and I am going to that just for something to do.

Ray, That is right, you jump gently up and down checking for flex of the floor and movement of the slides. SOB's have thinner slide mechanisms allowing for more flex.

TGLBWOH

TGLBWH

Thanks for the replies. Tom, you know deb would have your LM or larger and still would want more. you also took the purse with you to Houston

Tom of Ypsi

Deb can have our "Classic" LM for a price and I will get a new one. Just think you can have a bigger coach with all of the additions we have done to it and all for the price of a new BC.

DanDargay

DanDargay
We were ready to buy SOB that looks just like the 2011 BC until we attended the Hershey RV show back in Sept. 2009. We saw the 2011 ig Country and weighed the differences between both units and it was a no brainer. The BC makes a much better unit hands down. we came up at least a dozen things that we liked better about the BC vs SOB ( look a like ). starting with frame , suspension, etc, etc, etc
We purchased the 3250TS, took delivery 10/31/2009 and had it out twice for about 500 miles. We are extremely happy with it. Weighs about 1690# more then our old SB 31BWFS, but it seems to tow much better. Have several trips planned for 2010 including NC, TN, CO. Don't think you'll go wrong by buying Big Coutry.

SilverRhino

We purchased our BC3250 last June and love it!

Dollar for dollar it is hard to find a unit that compares to the BC. This is our fifth RV...first HeartLand. I would strongly recommend any of the HL products...well built and a great company that will stand behind their products.

Good Luck!

TGLBWH

OK Tom, I'm sold --- throw in the truck for nothing and I'll do it even if it is a Ford

Tom of Ypsi

Get the BC you want and maybe we can make our trip together to the Good Sam Rally in Louisville this coming July. I would suggest the HL rally but by the time we know what is going with Judy's medical situation the rally will be full. And NO you cannot have my truck and I do not want your truck, the deer killer.

sdgirl

All, DH and I bought the 3300RL in Jan. 2008 and we LOVE IT ~! I looked for 2 YEARS and never saw a Heartland until 3 weeks before we bought. I am SOO happy that DH looked on eBay. This is longer than we thought we wanted (was looking at 30 footers, but bought a 35 footer!), but have never been sorry! And this was our VERY first rig! Pulls like a dream, had very few issues,, took it on a 2 week trip and had a blast. If you are considering a fiver, give the BC a chance.

TGLBWH

Just attended the Detroit Marvac show yesterday. was disappointed there were very few Heartland products, one Greystone, one Elk Ridge and a couple BH's, not one BC, which I was hoping to see again and probably purchase. Overall the show was not nearly as good as the fall show, glad the tickets were comped. Now I have to go do the whole dealer visit thing. Also noticed that the 3395RE is no longer on the BC website. Does anyone know if it is still available. Planned on buying that or 3355RL within next week or so.

B

bwwalczak

I am very sorry to hear that our local dealer did not bring ANY Big Country products into the show. I have personally been working many shows across north America, and seeing ENORMOUS response with Big Country.

Dealers who have been bringing in more Big Countrys are seeing more overall sales - imagine that!!!

Please send me an email and I would be happy to arrange a plant tour with our regional representative. We will even that the new 3595RE built and ready for you to inspect. The 3595RE replaced the 3395RE.

TGLBWH

sorry to hear that the 3395 RE is gone since the wife and I were leaning that way. Really not interested in 3595 at almost 39'. Time to rethink