Campground in San Antonio TX

JOnSU

Heading down to San Antonio on Friday. Looking for recommendations on campgrounds in the area? Thanks!

jimtoo

HI JOnSU,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to help.

We have stayed at several around, but like Alamo Fiesta the best, www.alamofiestarv.com . It is located West of SA on the outskirts of Boerne, TX. Easy off and on the IH 10, about a 30 minute drive to the river walk, Alamo, or any other place in downtown SA. It is on the West side, so it's close to Fiesta Texas and the water park(????senior moment)...Water World??? But it is nice, clean, and good people work there.

Enjoy the Forum.

Ohhh... I forgot to mention... Boerne is a great town for shopping the antiques and little stores. Good eating also, but the river walk is "The Place" if you have never been there.

Jim M

JOnSU

Thanks Jim! This forum is great. We bought our first RV last spring, and we are learning so much! Alot of good information on here. This is our first trip down south, so any other pointers would be great! Thanks for the recommendation and directions.

jimtoo

JOnSU,

When are you planning on being in SA? We are going to help at the RV and Boat show on the 29th for our Heartland dealer, ExploreUSA at the Alamo Dome. So if you in town come on down.

We live about 90 miles South of SA and our daughter lives in Boerne, so we know the area pretty well. Are you going to be in SA for a while or just passing through?

Jim M

JOnSU

Hoping to leave this weekend. Kind of watching the weather forecast. Probably be down there 2-3 weeks. Thought about heading further south after our stay in SA, but didnt know if we need reservations? Thanks Jim.

Hunter11

We stayed at Alamo Fiesta RV Park for 5 days over Christmas with some friends. Lots of places to eat and shop in the area and we were able to be at 1604 and I10 in about 15 minutes from there.

geeksrus

We stayed at the KOA a few years ago... decent enough park. IMHO: the best part of staying here was there was a public bus stop just outside the gates that went right downtown: River Walk, Alamo, etc. No need to hunt for a parking spot.

Eh!

trvlrerik

My family liked the KOA (during the spring). Lots of dog walking areas, large playground. I think they were redoing the laundry room, and it has bath/shower facilities spread out so one is not to far off. The area around the park was a little rough and industrial.
I would stay there again however.

bigbird272

KOA San Antonio

I stayed there about 5 years ago. It was a decent park. I took a great bus tour right from the KOA one morning. Saw a lot of missions and of course the Alamo.

rick

Tom of Ypsi

We stayed at Braunig Lake RV Resort which is a Passport America park. Nice park just south of San Antonio with easy acess to the highway.

theharveys

We also stayed at the KOA in San Antonio for a week. We enjoyed the campground. It is large and open with mature trees and a creek on one edge.
Like the others here, we enjoyed being so close to public transportation and we also availed ourselves of the bus tour that picks you up right at the park.
We would definitely stay there again.