Extended Warranty For Dually Truck

DW_Gray

I didn't buy an extended warranty from my Dodge dealer at the time of purchase. Now a year later my factory warranty is about up because I'm nearing 36K miles.

I tried getting an extended warranty through [FONT=Arial, Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif]Warranty Direct online but was told they don't cover Dually trucks. They also said most online businesses want cover dually trucks.

Does anyone know of another recommended source?
[/FONT]

davebennington

We have a 2006 Dodge dually. I have an extended warranty through a dealer after I had 40,000 miles on it. I has paid for it self once so far. Shop around some dealers give you a better prices then others.

Dave

RSIG

Warranty

Try Dodge as the factory warranties are less hassle when having warranty work. AAA in my area sells warranties. I do not know if they exclude duallies. My brother purchased one for his 2500.

Ed

Lance & Jo

Dealer Warrant

I have a 07 Dodge and got the extended warranty through a dealer (not the one where we first bought the truck). Had the same warranty on our 03 Dodge and it paid for itself.

robnmo

We bought our dually used but it came with a transferrable extended warranty the original owner bought from his dealer, we transferred it to us...........well worth the money. It's a company called Zurich based in Illinois (I think). Hope this helps.

I have a f350 drw and our extended warranty is threw Budco Financial Services po box 3178 Highland Park Mi. 48203-9901 Phone 888-352-7901 Im not sure if they do Dodges, wouldn't hurt to call. ours is 84 months or 75000 miles. good luck Greg

DW_Gray

Thanks all for the input. I looked at 4 offers and talked to a few salesman today. I got the best deal through a Dodge dealer. I purchased a $100 deductible, 5 year, 100K Max Care contract for less than $2,300. Better than half price of all the other offers.

slmayor

Founding California Northern Chapter Leader
Great deal! My daughter does the claims administration for a good many of the warranty providers. (she's the poor girl that gets yelled at when the companies don't pay) So I asked her today who was better than the others. Without saying anything negative, she said you were lucky that Warranty Direct wouldn't take your vehicle. She did say that some were much easier to deal with than others. AA Auto, AAA, and most of the dealer ones. She did say that she can't tell you strongly enough to read the fine print. For instance many will cover the waterpump, but not the gaskets, bearings and seals in the water pump, which makes an extended warranty useless for that item. Many of the compaies have so many exclusions that they're not worth the paper.
Glad everything worked out for you. I bought a 7year warranty when I bought my 07 Charger, but it was only $1500 rolled into the purchase price. Of course, that was three weeks before the factory went to the big drivetrain warranty...LOL

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
I've heard and read naysayers in the past that claim an extended vehicle warranty was robbery and that you should put the money in a CD or something and save it that way. Yeah, until junior needs new braces or something else comes up.

I always take out extended warranties on vehicles, and our RV's. When I bought the GMC, they offerred a 7 year/84,000 mile ZERO deductible on it for $2230. Couldn't sign fast enough :D. Folded into the financing, the cost becomes minor over the life of the loan. And it's honored at any GM dealership.

lwmcguir

Agree with you 50%. Extended warranties on trucks is very specific and covers the items you expect to fail over the 200,000 miles. Warranty on the camper covers small items that you can replace easily or fix at your choice. However if you want to pay ahead for those items then consider the warranty a good way to do that. They sell them to make money not to save us the same.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Agree with you 50%. Extended warranties on trucks is very specific and covers the items you expect to fail over the 200,000 miles. Warranty on the camper covers small items that you can replace easily or fix at your choice. However if you want to pay ahead for those items then consider the warranty a good way to do that. They sell them to make money not to save us the same.

I disagree with your assessment of the RV extended warranty. Mine covers everything, including appliances, leveling systems, slide outs, suspension, brakes, entertainment systems, everything. Also has $50 Emergency Roadside Assistance, in it, including the tow vehicle. I also have Good Sam ERS.

rumaco

US Army Retired (CW4)
Re: Dealer Warrant

If I owned a Dodge I would also buy every bit of extra insurance I could get my hands on!

porthole

Retired
Re: Dealer Warrant

I use to be a class A tech for Chrysler dealers. I can tell you from my experience I would not buy a "non manufacturer's" sponsored warranty (which it is not).
1st of all it is not a warranty, rather an "extended service contract."

When we had customers that had non Chrysler plans the standard answer was "you pay us and you try and collect from your policy holder".

Factory plans to be better written and offer broader coverage. And typically if it covers a water pump it also covers all the ancillary parts needed to properly do the repair.

And of course you then have nation wide coverage.

Negotiate for your plan. The first price you get more then likely will be double the dealer cost.