Frame problems????

On the last leg of my trip from Va to Quartzsite, Az I noticed that the moulding along the front overhang (pin box area) was separating from the side walls (down 1/2"). Now that I have stopped and setup I am experencing much more movement (wife walking) than ever before.
Any help welcomed!

Corky Howell
2009 3670RL

SmokeyBare

Corky & Johanna,

Sorry your having problems on your Trip to Quartzsite. I would suggest you contact Heartland Service Center (877) 262-8032 or (574)262-8030. They will be able to guide you as what to do about the problem.

Good Luck !

Elevatorman

On the last leg of my trip from Va to Quartzsite, Az I noticed that the moulding along the front overhang (pin box area) was separating from the side walls (down 1/2"). Now that I have stopped and setup I am experencing much more movement (wife walking) than ever before.
Any help welcomed!

Corky Howell
2009 3670RL
Sorry to hear of the problems. My 09 BC 3500RL is at the dealer right now for holding water in the overhang behind the pin box. When I pushed up on the overhang I noticed the water would run out of the front lower wall next to the front storage compartment. Nothing was inside that compartment though. No signs of interior leaks yet. It's a mystery they are working on. The front cap was re-caulked prior to my PDI, and still looks to be OK. Been there for 2 weeks so far. I'll post what they find, maybe it will help.

caissiel

Do you have the original truck tailgate on. If you do the air might push rain water up the hole through the Pin Box. When I removed the white cover on mine I did notice a big hole through the pin box. I feel that the cover creates an air flow around this and would deflect the water.
I never drove in the rain, but I use an open tailgate so it might not be a problem, will just have to wait and see.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Laurent, thats a great point. There could a vacumn created in the pinbox openning and suck water into the front overhand area.

Elevatorman

Great thinking! Now I have to "rack the brain" to remember if I've driven in the rain. I'm thinking not, but I'll see what the dealer comes up with. Maybe roof or marker lights on the front. Even the lower horizontal trim along the sides. Thanks, have to look into those open tailgates. I've come close to not lowering mine a couple of times while un-hooking, they might just be the answer!