manual operation of slideouts

trdeal

Past North Carolina Chapter Leader
Maybe I have overlooked it in my owners manual, but is there a way to manually operate the slideouts if we have a problem with the hydraulic system? I own a 2005 Mt. Rushmore. Thanks

fireflipper

EX-Travel Bug
Fireflipper

You should have a wrench that is similar to your spare tire handle. You have to crawl under the slideout and the wrench should fit a hole in the gear pack. It is a long and hard way to go because you can only turn the gear pack one half turn at a time. Lets hope that the hydraulic pump does not fail. If the batteries go dead, it is a simple matter of hooking jumper cables to the leads by the hydraulic pump and proceed as usual. I carry one of those battery jumper boxes just for that purpose. It also has an air pump and a small light built into it.

ct0218

If I'm not mistaken the pump can be operated with an electric drill, battery or corded. I'm not near mine right now so I can't check but I'm sure I did not dream that.

jbeletti

Check-out page 12 of the PDF file at this link from the Lippert website. Under Auxilliary Operation. I think this is the manual turn crank thingy at the pump.

What I am not certain of is if this is the unit we have in the Heartland rigs.

Jim

Jim

ct0218

That looks like what I saw in my Mt. Rushmore, easily accessed from the street side basement door.

trdeal

Past North Carolina Chapter Leader
Thanks for all your help. I saw in the owners manual that the instructions for manual operation are on the pump. I have not checked it out, but I will. Thanks again for your help.

You can go on the Lippert web site and print out all the info on the slides. There is a place on the end of the pump for a 1/4 allen socket you can ratchet or use a dril. Remember it will run everything. Like you landing gear if they are also hyd. If not just jump it with a jumper box. Works easy