Belly full of water/bulge behind spare tire.

rick_debbie_gallant

The belly is full of water just behind the spare tire to the end of the trailer on our 3670.

There must be about a 6 to 8 inch bulge under there. It takes a lot of pressure to raise the bulge and when I do water pours out from between the plastic and the i-beam frame.

Should I have the belly dropped? or put a hole in the bottom of the corrugated plastic so the water can drain out? I am worried about (a) how all the water got in there and (b) what has all of the humidity done to the under side of my floor! Or should I just not worry about it.

smday

i would open it up ASAP to let all the water out and dry. Then i would fill the water tank full and run the pump and get underneath and see if a fitting came loose under the trailer or your freshwater tank has a leak. Hope all goes well in your findings.

caissiel

I usualy go under the trailer and just lift the bulge with my back it flows all around at the seams by the frame both sides. Been doing that to remove the cover to access other things under that.

kkamshop

We had water that came in when we drove in rain - we were able to seal the edges especially around the tires with expanding foam.

It doesn't look pretty, but it's staying dry.

We removed the fiberglas insulation entirely, as it was getting soaked and would most likely cause a mold situation if we left it in there.

Good luck

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Rick, I doubt that the water level was high enough to damage any wood flooring. I had the problem after driving in the rain. I drilled a small hole in lowest part of the bulge. You can just leave the hole open...wont hurt anything. BTW, use a cordless drill or.........:eek: Bob:D

rick_debbie_gallant

Rick, I doubt that the water level was high enough to damage any wood flooring. I had the problem after driving in the rain. I drilled a small hole in lowest part of the bulge. You can just leave the hole open...wont hurt anything. BTW, use a cordless drill or.........:eek: Bob:D

I have been showing my DW on how to use power tools. be a good time to see is the gfi works. just kidding! will be drilling a whole hole.

RoadJunkie

Good idea to try and determine the source first. Maybe a water system leak, maybe road water infiltration.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
The belly is full of water just behind the spare tire to the end of the trailer on our 3670.

There must be about a 6 to 8 inch bulge under there. It takes a lot of pressure to raise the bulge and when I do water pours out from between the plastic and the i-beam frame.

Should I have the belly dropped? or put a hole in the bottom of the corrugated plastic so the water can drain out? I am worried about (a) how all the water got in there and (b) what has all of the humidity done to the under side of my floor! Or should I just not worry about it.

How much driving in the rain have you been doing lately? If you've been parked for a while and the bulge just showed up, then plumbing is probably the culprit. Is it clean water or :eek:.

When we picked up our rig, I noticed during the PDI that the belly cover at the front edge extended well beyond the mounting and drooped down like an air scoop. I had the tech cut it back to get rid of the excess.

davebennington

When we were at the Trailair shop getting the level up system installed the tech told us that most every trailer he works on has water in the belly. He claims it come in from the rain.

Dave

lwmcguir

We have had eight different RV's and never any water in the belly. Sure hope our Augusta isn't the change we weren't looking for. The should be built so that isn't an issue and it sure want in our past of many years of owning campers. They all sat outside until this year as well.

sunflower

Actually when I saw the post about a belly full of water behind the spare tire reminded me of what my daughter used to tell me about my furniture disease,where my chest fell into my drawers.Sorry about that, no one needs sorry humour with a sad situation.