Very touching video

buckeyebob

in 06 we were in a horrible place called hurricane utah,we were trying to get the sob into a crappy ,unlevel,site and i had to turn the air off so i could hear the three people who were giving me the mone backs,stop ,left etc .wheeeell it was 123 degrees on the truck thingy,i was sweatin and cussin and really fealing sorry for myself,we got all set up i parked the truck and my motorhome drivin buddy says the POOL is closed!!!!we rehooked and left.as i was driving out of the park i reallized the troops in iraq have to wear full combat gear,pack weapon ammo,water,goggles helmet and make life changing decisions .i cant imagine doing this everyday and they werent drafted.as we travelled on to las vegas all i could think about was the freedom we have in this wonderful country of ours!! THANK YOU TO ALL VETERANS!!!!a lot of people are trying to tear this great country of ours apart and we must stand together and preserve our way of life.my father ,a ww2 veteran still says "if ya dont like this country,there are planes leaving everyday" yes that was a touching video!!!!! buckeyebob

slick42

Yes that is a great video, My son has been in the Air Force for 4 years and has done 1 tour in Afganistan. He still has 2 more years left. I pray and thank god everyday for our brave young men and woman who have VOLUNTERED !!! for this assignment to protect us.

SouthernNights

Past South Carolina Chapter Leader
Thank you for posting that and THANK YOU to all our military for the priveledge of freedom we have because of them.

Jim-n-Leslie

Excellent Video!

Thank you! People get consumed by our economy and other issues at home and forget there are sons, daughters, husbands, and wives in the sandbox. God bless them all and their sacrifices!
Jim & Leslie :)

Tom_Diane

I have passed it on. I have 4 boys, 2 were in the military. Between the two we have endured 4 deployments. One was a stateside and a waiting game to see where and if he would be sent to Iraq or Afganistan and he ended up doing 2 tours in Iraq. The other had 1 deployment. I have seen nothing more full of pride then to see a military graduation from boot camp with the exception of watching one of your own make the journey up the walk way to board a plane to go into who knows what. I can relate that feeling to their first day of school when all you see is a very young child with his little NINJA TURTLES backpack getting on the school bus for the very first time, you know hes nervous but he is excited because he knows its his time to go to school and he sucks it up and gets on with only a glimmer of what to expect. The last thing you see is that back pack of a proud kid who in his mind has finally grown. I got the same impression when sending the boys off to Iraq. The last thing I saw was a (very large) back pack being carried by a proud young man who is going off to do what he is trained to do it with the confidence that he has learned well. This time the backpack says U.S. ARMY on it. I waved a flag when they left, I waved it when they got home, I fly a flag at my home. I beleive that holding a sign telling others to thank a vet should not have to be. We should all thank a vet not just during these times but also for times past. Pride is not just a moment in time , pride is forever.

rvn4fun

We enjoyed the video also. We are in the final days of waiting for our son to come home from Iraq, he is a Army Sargeant. In fact the Army just called to say possibly he is on the plane right now coming in. The rest of his unit came in about three weeks ago, but they had him stay behind to load some equipment. So we have been waiting day to day for his arrival at Ft Hood. When he arrives it will be the end of his 3rd tour in Iraq, this time he will return thank goodness without a purple heart. He has 2 from his other tours. So hopefully we will run into Ft Hood tommorrow to see him. Thanks for the nice video! :D

leftyf

SSG Stumpy-VA Terrorist
Thank you for posting that and THANK YOU to all our military for the priveledge of freedom we have because of them.

I wonder if people will remember when this thing as been over for 5 years. Or, will it end like the celebrations of our WWII victories?

SouthernNights

Past South Carolina Chapter Leader
I wonder if people will remember when this thing as been over for 5 years. Or, will it end like the celebrations of our WWII victories?

Lefty,

I for one am reminded every day about the sacrifices our military men and women make. I live next to Shaw AFB. Most of our clients are military.

Sadly, we lost a friend of ours recentley in a plane crash over Charleston.
He leaves behind a young wife who just had their second child this past month. This child will never know her Daddy.

He paid the ultimate sacrifice so our nation can enjoy our freedom.

Thank you for your service to this great nation.