Does factory pre-wire for 2nd A.C. thermostat?

cashb

We are installing a 13,500btu Peguin ac in the front bedroom of our 2011 Sundance 2900MK. I know the factory pre-wires for this but my question is, do they pre-wire for the thermostat?? Or would it possibly combine with the existing thermostat? We can't install till we find this out. :confused: Thanks!

mrcomer

Past Ohio Chapter Leaders (Founding)
The factory does not pre-wire for the thermostat. You will have to do this during your installation. Some A?C units have the controls mounted right on the unit so you would not need an remote wired thermostat.

Good luck,
Mark

Northern Virginia
I didn't use it because my unit didn't have a separate t-stat but I am pretty sure there was a thermostat pre-wire in my Landmark (there was a coil of thermostat wire tapped up next to the wire for the electric prewire.)

John

navyAZ1

The installer that put our Carrier unit in said there was a thermostat wire there but did not need it as ours has a remote thermostat. My question would be if the wire is there where is the other end? I wouldn't think it is attached to the main thermostat as each unit needs to work independently.

cashb

Hi Navy, thanks, this may be just the info we need as we are considering the carrier unit! Is yours a low profile? Or maybe all the carriers have the option of a remote thermostat? Any info about your unit is appreciated!

cashb

Upon reading, I think I have found that the remote is available only with the ducted a.c.?? Another question is, for the heat function, is this a heat pump, or heat strip?? I saw there is a manual ceiling control which uses a knob, this may be our only choice...