Bighorn factory response to minor problems

Bill Boyd

:) I picked up my new 3055 on Monday July 25 at Lakeshore RV. There were only two problems that Lakeshore could not take care of to my satisfaction. John at Lakeshore contacted Tim Hoffman at the factory and explained the problems which was a hole in the back wall probably caused by one of the chairs in shipping and some streaking in the gel coat. Tim said to bring the unit in on Tuesday. I was met by Coley Brady and Dave Jones. They looked at the two problems and promptly took the unit back to be checked out. The hole in the wall can not be detected at all after the repair and the streaks in the gel coat were buffed out. It is nice to know that the factory is concerned about their customers. A special thanks to Dave for overseeing the repairs and the tour of the factory. I have since spent 8 days in the unit and have not seen any additional problems and best of all the wife loves the new unit.

ChopperBill

Kind of interesting that you get no responses from positive postings ain't it? ;) Human nature lets it all out when something is a miss! Kind of like going to the car races to see the crashes! ;) REAL guilty of it myself. :eek:
Well any way. Congratulations on you great experiences!

nhunter

I think that everyone loves to jump on the "grumbly" wagon. But almost everyone is guilty. i also have had minimal problems(leaking toilet seal) and am thrilled with my unit.

Trap

Have heard some complaints about what I consider to be minor issues. However there have been some serious issues that never should have left the factory and that's a bit of a concern. Fortunately were about 8 months away from getting one and were hoping some of the QC problems will be alleviated. I do like how the factory can get a lot of tips from some of the handier people on this forum. Also the fact that I can also get info on a lot of the smaller fixes that I'd be able to do myself. Still think there a heck of a unit and looking forward to next spring.

Trap

nhunter

I agree with Trap that there are lots of little issues that are an annoyance but it is the big ones scare me. As with all industries there are good employees and bad ones but the only way to find that out is through good supervision. I feel Heartland is really trying but the key is a good dealership/service department because they fix all the litttle ones after the sale. If you don't like your dealership move on until you find one you like. We love ours!