Not Impressed With Service Department

Status
Not open for further replies.

lghkmh

Hi
I have a 2009 Big country 3500 RL and have inside water damage in the entertainment slide. I called the service dep. when I noticed it and he told me to take it to a dealer as soon as I could. Well it was one day past my warranty when I called and now he said they wont cover it because I didn't take it in that wk. This is BS the damage was already done when I called him. This will be the last Heartland product I will ever buy. My last rv was a Gulf Stream product and they fixed a delaminated wall 2 yrs out of warranty no questions asked.

peaveed Off customer
lghkmh

Bobby A

Hi
I have a 2009 Big country 3500 RL and have inside water damage in the entertainment slide. I called the service dep. when I noticed it and he told me to take it to a dealer as soon as I could. Well it was one day past my warranty when I called and now he said they wont cover it because I didn't take it in that wk. This is BS the damage was already done when I called him. This will be the last Heartland product I will ever buy. My last rv was a Gulf Stream product and they fixed a delaminated wall 2 yrs out of warranty no questions asked.

peaveed Off customer
lghkmh

I would like to know who you talked to ?? Please try calling Heartland Customer service and ask to speek with the supervisor, be calm and address your issues. I understand your frustration, Heartland customer service is the best, I think if you talk to the right people you might get some understanding.

mrcomer

Past Ohio Chapter Leaders (Founding)
I can sure understand how you feel. Time to call Heartland and raise holy ****.
Rick

This is just the kind of thing that will not get you far. If you go in guns-a-blazing then do not expect too much. Try trading places with the person you are gong to call and decide how you would react to yourself. I bet you wouldn't react in a positive manner.

My 2-cents,

Mark

mrcomer

Hi

peaveed Off customer
lghkmh

Sorry, I don't believe it. There must be more to the story because Heartland does take care of their customers.

Mark

SouthernNights

Past South Carolina Chapter Leader
This is just the kind of thing that will not get you far. If you go in guns-a-blazing then do not expect too much. Try trading places with the person you are gong to call and decide how you would react to yourself. I bet you wouldn't react in a positive manner.

My 2-cents,

Mark

Good response Mark.

jimtoo

Originally Posted by bigbird272
I can sure understand how you feel. Time to call Heartland and raise holy ****.
Rick

My 2-cents,

Mark

And I must agree as a 34 year service manager, with almost unlimited authorization capabilities to repair your car or truck, you come on to me strong, I would react. Usually not the way you want it. Even the best have limits, but even those can be overcome with the proper support and being civil when talking to a representative of a company that is only trying to help you.

When did you call (date)? And when did you take unit in (date)? Have you actually talked to Heartland Customer Service or just dealer?

Jim M

lghkmh

Yes I talked to Heartland customer servise. I called them the first time when the damage was found on 9/29/09. At that time I was one day out of warranty but they said they would stand behind it. In the meantime I have been using the unit and waiting for the dealer to get in a new ram in for one of the slides whitch Lippart replaced. While the unit was in the shop for this work I told them to call Heartland and make sure they will cover the water damage. The dealer called me and said heartland would not stand behind the repair because I did'nt take it in the same week I called.

mrcomer

I am sorry but I think your dealer is doing you a dis-service. I would not believe your dealer for one minute. That is my personal opinion.

jimtoo

I am with mrcomer, call Heartland Customer Service, 877-262-8032 / 574-262-8030, with you VIN number, purchase date, who you talked to originally, and date and explain your problem in a civil way.

Please keep us up to date on your problem.

Jim M

Tom of Ypsi

Would your dealer be the General in Midland??? Call HL customer service to get the real story. Good Luck and do as others have said be polite.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Would your dealer be the General in Midland??? Call HL customer service to get the real story. Good Luck and do as others have said be polite.

There is no General RV in Midland, it's in Birch Run. And the service I've gotten there has been top notch.

lghkmh

I did call HL customer service after the dealer called me, and got the same responce. I don't have a problem with the dealer, General RV in Birthhrun.

geeksrus

I am sorry but I think your dealer is doing you a dis-service. I would not believe your dealer for one minute. That is my personal opinion.

At first you didn't believe the poster & now you don't believe the dealer!!

Who made you the judge?

Eh!

mrcomer

Never claimed to be judge and I stand by both of my posts. Just sharing my opinion. BTW, what took you so long, have you been camping?

superduty08

Tennessee Chapter Leaders
Just seems a good time to thank the service dept for the friendly and quick service in shipping me my new radio antenna to replace the one I so ungracefully broke.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
I don't know, something's missing in all of this. My warranty expired on October 2, 2009. When I finally got the business on my awning motor straightened out in mid-Sept, I called General, Birch Run, to bring it in. The gave me an appointment of Sept. 29. I gave them a laundry list of minor adjustment/fixes I needed in addition to the motor replacement. While going over the trailer, physically, with the service writer, I mentioned the squeak in the bedroom floor. Then we left the BH with them. The following week, she calls me to say that the bedroom floor is warped and needs serious work...and HL has agreed to the warranty repair. Bottom line, everything I wanted fixed was done, under warranty (I had some other non-warranty work done, too), including the bedroom floor. The work order reads like they removed a lot of the front cap parts to do it. I didn't have to call Heartland, didn't have to get feisty with the General service writer (Jackie is petite but could probably kick my butt), and the whole thing was an easy deal. Heck, they even held it in storage for me until Oct. 28, since I told them we were going out of town for two weeks.

lghkmh

There is nothing missing , as I have stated I was 1 day out of warranty when I found the problem. I did,nt buy the unit from General RV I bought it down in FL so i'm probably not getting anything extra from General RV. My gripe is the servise rep said they would cover it and now they are not because I did'nt take it to a dealer the same week I called. The damage was done when I called, I fail to see what the time frame has to do with it.

Terry H

Past Texas North Chapter Leader/Moderator
Staff member
This thread at this point does not seem to be accomplishing any assistance at this point, and therefore is being closed. lghkmh has been advised to be in contact with Heartland Customer to attempt a resolution to his problem. lghkmh may start a new thread to update the Forum about the final outcome of his situation.

Thank you for your understanding,

Status
Not open for further replies.