another tv mounting question

cashb

We bought a 32 inch tv for our 2011 Sundance 2900Mk living area. I understand that the wall is braced for mounting. How wide is the mounting brace and is there one or two? In other words, what is the configuration of said mounting brace? We have the mounting arm that we plan to install. Also, how is the tv in the bedroom generally mounted? Thank you.

D

Dave Willis

We have a 27" tall and 7 1/2" wide backer in the wall for the TV. It is located in the center of the wall. Be careful when using a swing arm, you need to be in the center. We do not install bedroom TV's so I'm not exactly sure how people are securing them. I would check with your local dealer on that one. I'm sure they have installed many of them.

Thanks,

cashb

Thanks Dave. Hubby also asked how long and wide a screw can be used? Does it need a molly or lag bolt? Is there any piping behind it that could be a problem?

D

Dave Willis

Our guys in the plant use a 1 1/2" screw. If you are centered, you will only hit the wood backers. There isn't any plumbing in that wall.

Thanks,

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
I installed a mount for my 26" LCD there using 1 1/4 inch wood screws. The wall is only a couple of inches thick there. Too long a screw would penetrate the shower wall. The 1 1/4" inch screws are holding VERY firmly. I think I used #6's for my mount.

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
We have a 32" lcd in the main room and a 19" lcd in the bedroom, both are mounted on swing arm brackets. We put in 1x6 boards in both areas to help support the weight and give backing for the bracket to be mounted to. We haven't had any problems, putting a bunch of miles on the rig bouncing down many a roads.

Duramax1

I used 1 1/2" lag bolts for my installation . I have yet to actually put the 32 inch TV in the trailer but the bracket seems to be quite sturdy.