Big Horn 3055

katkens

Founding Illinios Chapter Leader-retired
Well it looks extremely possible that I'm going with Big Horn 3055. I still can't believe where about to switch from the SunnyBrook we had decided on, my DW especially. We had gone to a local dealer to check them out and liked a lot of their ideas and fit and finish. They didn't have the 3055 on the lot, so couldn't form a complete opinion. Yesterday, the dealer called and said they had one on the lot but was sold, but we could look at. I have to say we really loved the floor plan. We got a price quote with options we wanted and compared them to the price from Rvs for Less in Knoxville , reasonably close and haven't dickered yet. To make matters worse or good ,they called and asked what interior color we liked ,they just ordered the one with our options and would change the order to our color. We were not obligated to buy, they just wanted one for the lot anyway. Now is this dealer slick or what? We where going to wait till end of this year or first of next to order, looks like maybe sooner than later. I hope they have correct the known problems conveyed from this forum and have a better QC. Thanks to all the posters y'all been a big help. I'm a three fingered typist so this is long winded for me and for give the long post.
Ken

sislv

Tom & Sharol
Bighorn 3055RL

Hi Ken and Kathy......

We think you would be very happy with a Bighorn 3055RL and it's floorplan. We just returned from about a 1,000 mile trip around the U.P. of Michigan on our initial trip. No major problems just losing some water from the fresh water tank because of siphoning by the vent lines. Have to pick up some valves for the vent lines (mentioned on the forum). Also lost a light lens on the utility light beneath the nose of the Bighorn (lens problems also mentioned).

Jim runs an excellent forum as you probably found, and with the help of other owners providing support and fixing minor problems it all helps. About the only other suggestion we have is to thoroughly check out the dealer you may be interested in dealing with as they can make a purchase turn sour with poor service. We have one that did less than quality work.

Hope you enjoy a Bighorn..........

katkens

Thanks Tom & Sharol it's nice that MOST everyone is copping with there problem areas. I'm happy Sharol that your trip was good and many more. I'm hoping QC has gotten better and positive improvements. I have went back to the dealer many times to re look at these trailers and now think I can put up with the problems. It's a new company with growing pains , but they do correct and work with people. It's the only trailer other than SunnyBrook that I could actually say when I walk in was WOW in this price range. Best wishes and hope to meet one day.
I would have to agree that Jim does and has a very fine forum and most do not know how much time he spends making so, THANK YOU JIM. BUT!! the forum is not Jim's, everyone of us is the forum we make it work. Jim is the guiding light and if we police our replies his function is to continue to help solve problems- not have to throw water on flames.

jbeletti

Tom, Sharol, Ken and Kathy,

Thank you for the kind remarks.

I am pleased that so many people have contributed to the forum. What they like, what they do not like. It really helps other owners as well as prospects. Scares a few off too I am sure.

These are not in-expensive purchases and one must know too that they are not perfect coaches either. But most of really like ours! And what we don't like, we tweak, fix, replace, deal with or live with. My latest "replace" was the chairs. They are not as comfortable as the OEM units but they are smaller, lighter, more easily moved etc. We're really happy with the swap!

Thanks again, happy camping in your Heartland (T&S) and whatever brand/model you end up with K&K.

Jim

J

jjjelm

We've had our BH 3055 since June and are very happy....we bought it from Lakeshore R.V in Muskegon and had a wonderful experience. Due to a problem with the slide hitting a lower door knob we took the BH into Valley R.V in Loveland, CO yesterday and they were very nice and helpful and kept the unit to order a part and do the work. We also did a lot of homework and think the Big Horn is a great buy fot the money...good luck! Wonderful Wyoming

katkens

Thanks for the positive replies and I'll deal with the negatives also. May we all police our answers be positive, help others and enjoy our chance to Rv and to start a new person to the realm that we know
Ken

DennisZ

Ken
Since you are in the Illinois, John at Lakeshore RV may be worth contacting. We live in California and bought our unit from him, they are great to deal with.None

ChopperBill

katkens: When you compare the Bighorn with the Sunnybrook you are in tough company. I compared the Bighorn with Alumascape(Lakota) Cedar Creek and NuWa's. Also tough company. I have said before that the outside and living areas are A+. Got a little apprehensive when I was in the equipment bays. Talked to many owners and dealers. They ALL need some improvement in those areas. The Bighorn is the only coach that I looked at that passed my inspection in the fit and finish in the appearance department. Most all had gaps in the moldings and boo-boo's through out the interior. Cant go wrong with the 3055RL!
Thanks for the flattering PM! :eek:

Trap

katkens we been looking for about 8 months and keep coming back to the 3055RL. The layout is tough to beat and interior fit and finish seem to be eqaul to if not above to that of the competition. Good Luck in whatever you choose and happy trails.

Trap:eek:

nhunter

Went back to the dealership just to look the other day. Looked at Montanas, Wilderness and a few others and still love the look, fit and finish of the Bighorn. Although I think they need the change the graphic sheep because I keep getting bugged about having a Dodge trailer!:p