who has the macerator pump and how do you like it?

cashb

DH wants to buy the pump to make dumping easier. Does it, and what else have you found out about this system? Thanks.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
DH wants to buy the pump to make dumping easier. Does it, and what else have you found out about this system? Thanks.

Just from looking at it online and reading the reviews, I'd not waste my money. Most tank draining problems occur near the gate valve, not at the sewer connection. So, until you get that log jam to move, the macerator will sit there all day doing nothing. For about a tenth of the cost, you can get same or better results with a gated Drain King and a garden hose. And you'll be flowing through a 3" hose, not a 3/4" one. The only use I can see is if you are trying to dump into the toilet or septic system in your house.

What's so hard about dumping?

Rockerga

Full-time WANNABE
For travel camping I wholeheartedly agree it is the best idea I ever had in regard to a clean and sanitary dumping solution!

When you dump with this method (and of course complete with the gray water last) you know your hose is clean. The smooth interior of the garden hose approach means nothing to grab onto anything as the "stinky-slinky" does!

The garden hose can be cut to length as required and allows for easier storage. I bought 50' of: white (Fresh), black with a yellow stripe (Gray and back flush) then Black (Black water).

I cut each hose into 1 X 25, 2 X 10' and then 1 X 5' sections . This allows me to only have the hose length I need for any use. The others are "velcro-wrapped" in storage all nice clean & dry.

I have used a macerator pump now for four years and would never use any other method. I am permanently set-up now for an undetermined amount of time currently so at this time I am set-up with 3" conduit. This way I can leave the gray open and drain the black as required.

When I go back to the road I will once again use my old buddy!

westxsrt10

Perfict Senior Member
Save your cash Cash....buy a few bottles of (photo below) add a few ounces a day under heavy useage.

Attachments

• Dawn.JPG
    Dawn.JPG
    162.9 KB · Views: 100

Rockerga

Full-time WANNABE
I believe those that do not use a macerator do not understand the question:

Dumping is easier plus more sanitary with a macerator. Set-up, clean-up and storage included.

ADDITIONALLY; The stinky slinky harbors germs excess water & bacteria that cannot be cleaned efficiently. NO it is not EMPTY!:angel:

Larryheadhunter

X-Rookies Still Luving it
What about the Flush King everyone recommends? According to Camping World for $33 this is what you get:

Flush King Reverse RV flush valve provides you with the quickest and most effective way to fill, rinse and remove residue from your black or gray holding tanks.

Flush King rapidly refills the holding tank no matter what height of tank or angles in plumbing. Unique design eliminates messy wands and hoses inside the RV by allowing you to reverse flush your tanks from the outside. Powerful performance removes clogs in drain pipes and improves sensor performance for more accurate readings. Four locking hooks provide a tighter seal to guard against leakage. For your convenience, the handle swivels 360 degrees to make hook up and operation easier. The innovative clear barrel allows you to see when the tanks are completely clean of residue, so there is no guess work. Flush King fits all Trailers and 5th Wheels and most Motor Homes and is not a permanent attachment. Twist on and off, how easy does it get!

SLJKansas

SLJKansas
The Flush King would be a good choice if you had sewer dump at your site or only use it a a dump station, due to tha amount of water required. If you use a tote a pump would be a better choice.

Rockerga

Full-time WANNABE
The macerators also have a backflush built-in. Connected to short a four-prong clear attachment to the unit gives you a superb idea of back-flushing conditions. The action of the impeller creates a vortices's to "suck" materials out. When used in conjunction with the NT backflush it is THE BOMB!

A macerator has the power to MACERATE and pump (Up to seventy-five feet) up a grade! NOW THAT IS CLEAN!

When I kept my unit at home the "drain" from my home sewage was in the front of the house but thankfully down a slight grade. When I would go home to dump (Depending upon the camp condition/ boondocking etc!) I could hook-up a 100 foot garden hose and drain with no problems!

Pulltab

A macerator is a great investment! We have used ours many times and if you ever go boondocking in the desert you will come to appreciate being able to pump UP HILL into the blue boy on the back of your truck, then connect the slinky at the dump station and open the valve. We also used it when staying at the boys house when the sewer was on the other side of the house. It is a great tool. As said those who have never used one just don't understand. :D

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
I use our macerator pump at home as the septic tank is some distance from where we park the RV. I can flush and drain tanks without any issues. I have not used it on the road as we normally camp where we have hookups. I love ours.