Slide Corner Blocks

bigbird272

I have read in some posts about corner blocks? They are used to prevent slide leaks during wet weather driving. How do you know if you have them? They are supposed to be in 2009 Bighorns according to the brochure. You would think though that if the slides were properly sealed against the side wall that it would be impossible to have water penetrate?

I pick up my new trailer on Mon. Just want to check.

Rick

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
bigbird272, the way you would know if you have them would be to look. The slides being properly sealed against the sides have nothing to do with what happens on the bottom, where the blocks are. The blocks are nothing more than a piece of foam on a plastic plate attached with two screws. There are two per slide, excluding the bed slide. See the attached picture showing one block with the slide open.

Hope this helps

Enjoy your new rig.

Peace
Dave

Attachments

• Block.JPG
    Block.JPG
    320.3 KB · Views: 147
Last edited:

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
It has nothing to do with the sidewalls. The blocks are underneath the slide, in each corner. They are there to add additional protection along with the bottom rubber seal, to stop water being thrown up by your tires and entering at the outside corners.

They look like blocks of rubber with a rounded outer edge...one on each side.:)

bigbird272

Thanks for the pic, now I know what to look for. I hope they are there or I will get them added. So to prevent water from getting in from the tires. Works for me. I am sure they are readily available at the dealer. As stuff happens they come up with a fix. So I can assume that if they aren't there I better get them added asap.

Rick

bigbird272

Thanks Kakampers. I imagine it was made in 2008, I will check for sure. One thing for sure it is not leaking from rain as far as I can tell. Will inspect roof during pdi. It rains like crazy here in the great NorthWest.

Rick