Pressure Pro Tire Monitoring System

jbeletti

As of the date of this thread, there are a handful of Tire Pressure Monitoring Systems out there available to the non-fleet, RV owner.

Doran's Pressure Pro is among them. Some of us use it, some use SmarTire and there may be others in use by this forum's members.

This thread pertains to Pressure Pro system by Doran.

In this first post, I am attaching the current electronic version of the installation and operation manual.

Jim

Attachments

• Pressure_Pro_Installation_Operation_Manual.pdf
    480.1 KB · Views: 68

ct0218

From reading the manual it appears that somewhere between 24 and 40 months the sensors have to be returned for a battery replacement. Also, it appears that you do not get your sensors back, but instead get back ones previously returned. How much do they charge for the replacements?

Found this on the Doran website not sure what the difference in the sensor safe locks and the sensors besides 45.00
found out:These devices provide an extra layer of security for your Pressure Pro sensors. Once these locks are installed, an allen wrench (included) is required to remove the sensors from your valve stems.

http://www.doranmfg.com/index.html

Sensor Safe Locks - Brass/Metal Stems7060 Retail price: 4.50
If you have rubber stems, you need to purchase Part # 7061. Priced as $4.50 for each lock.
Wheel Sensor7000 Retail price: 50.00
Retail price: 590.00 8 Wheel Tire Pressure Monitor
All items are shipped by UPS Ground. **Free shipping applies to orders of $75

Another site:
http://www.tirepressuremonitor.com/details.htm
RV and Tow Model Monitors up to 16 wheel positions
Price: $190.00
Looks like the sensor run 50.00 on all sites.

Last edited:

bowtorc

pressure pro just ordered duran pressure pro for the truck and 5th wheel from rv addon.

Jeff Hackman
RV Add Ons
p: 888.778.0814
f: 888.778.0814
e: jeff@rvaddons.com
w: www.rvaddons.com

If you are looking for a fair price call him (don't order over the net) you might be surprised . ask about his best price.

ke4d

pressure pro

I have had the PP system for about 4 months. In that time, I've only traveled about 2000 miles. Too many times, my PP system loses the reading on a tire or several tires. For the money, I want it to function all the time. I wouldn't recommend it at this point. Hopefully, yours will work better.

jbeletti

k34d,

Perhaps you need the remote antenna. I don't have that option but my unit has never dropped the trailer tire signals.

Jim

Attachments

• remoteAntenna.jpg
    remoteAntenna.jpg
    11.7 KB · Views: 27

jpmorgan37

KE4D;
Are you losing it on the same tire(s) each time? If so, it could be a bad sensor on the tire. I would call Tim and talk to him. I had one bad sensor and have not had a problem sensing or getting false alarms since I replace it. Also, where do you have the receiver? I keep mine on the right side sun visor and it has no trouble getting a good signal without the optional antenna. I like the system.
John

DougLynne

retired Alberta Chapter Leaders
In reading the strings regarding flats and blowouts, I wonder if a monitoring system would/could have prevented any. Just a question? we had 2 flats and a blowout this summer on a trip to Alaska on our old 5th. The blowout did damage and I don't want that, if possible, on out new BH. I'm seriously thinking of getting the Doran system. I caught the flats in time but a monitoring system would have got them sooner.../Doug

jbeletti

Hi Doug,

I feel a tire pressure monitoring system (TPMS) has the potential to save some damage. As an example, if you start to lose air due to picking up a nail in the tread or a defective valve stem, these 'may" both be slow but steady leakers.

When your air pressure is nearly gone, while you may not even know or feel it, your trailer could begin to exhibit unusual handling charactersistics. And the heat that would be built up in that near empty tire carcass "could" be enough to allow the tire to begin disintegration. Tire disintegration could lead to coach damage and a debris trail that could harm others behind you.

I have no personal experience with this happening but I have read (rv.net) where others have lost air pressure, didn't know it and ended up shredding the tire and damaging the trailer.

For me, when I took a sidewall cut from road debris (as far as I know), the TPMS alerted me and I pulled off the interstate while I watched the pressure go down on the monitor. I got parked safely in a rest stop before losing all pressure. I felt safer knowing my tire was going flat and having time to pull over than not knowing it was flat until some later time.

Best of luck to you in your decision.

Jim

Cooper

I hope Santa brings me TMPS system. I can not take another blowout and trailer damage. I am still waiting on the 5er to get back from bodyshop.
I have bought the tires G614 but, I still can not find American made wheels to fit with the right ratings.

J

Jim_1899

F350 Tires 275/70/R18

My 2005 Ford F350 has just rolled over 40,000 miles, and I know I need to get a set of tires. I shopped and found that Continental Tires have the size 275/70/R18 but two options. The higher priced on is the TR which has a 15/32 tread dept and the other has a 12/32.

Does anyone have any suggestions on which is the best. The cost is not much different the TR are $154 and the standard is $111 at the tire rack online.

I really don't want to blow a tire so I have to make this purchase really soon.

ct0218

Gail's Nissan Armada came with the standard Continental tires, and they are about shot at 38K miles. They have been OK, nothing good or bad to report, any specs on the other tire? Same tread as the standard? I'm replacing the Continentals with Bridgestone Dueler Revo's next month, I believe they are a much better tire, priced somewhat higher than the TR though.

fireflipper

EX-Travel Bug
Fireflipper

Jim 1899
I put 48,000 miles on my original tires which were Brigdestones. I replaced them with Coopers for around $100 bucks apiece, the dealer said they would give me at least the same mileage if not better, will have to wait awhile to see if he is right.

dennylm

I drove over to Tim's at RV Cams, Inc. in Baton Rouge today and bought the Pressure Pro tire monitoring system. Went ahead and got eight sensors to cover the trailer and TV. Didn't have the trailer with me (will pick it up in Knoxville next week!!! :D) but I used the four sensors on the TV coming home to Lafayette and they worked great. Tim and David took a lot of time showing me how to program them and helped install them on my truck. Great service, nice guys!

Not sure about a camera yet, but if I do decide to get one, I'll definitely buy it from Tim!

Denny

Uncle Rog

I have four goodyear's coming from locally, a wheel coming from TX, and the Doran from Cicinnati, should all come together by Wed the 11th....then back to camping!..........

Forrest Fetherolf

I have attached Consumer Reports on tire pressure monitors; this report does not include the Pressure Pro. After doing some research, I would recommend Intellivalve or Tire-SafeGuard over the Pressure Pro. Pressure Pro is screwed onto the valve stem making it an easy target for thieves and damage. The Intellivalve and Tire-SafeGuard mounts inside the tire attached to the valve stem. The Pressure Pro does not display temperature, Intellivalve and Tire-SafeGuard do. The temperature display would indicate heat buildup as a result of a defective tire, brake, and/or wheel bearing.

Attachments

• consumrepts.pdf
    123.6 KB · Views: 30

jbeletti

Forrest,

Do you use either of these systems? If not, are you planning an installation? If you have one or end up with one, it would be nice to see your review after you've installed and used it. Just to see if your own review tracks with Consumer Reports own review.

I use the Pressure Pro System. I like it. From an operational perspective, I think I'd like the Smartire system even better. Initial purchase and installation cost is higher on Smartire but knowing the temp would be nice.

Thanks for sharing your research with us.

Jim

elwaller39

Evans & Lana
Jim,
I have Pressure Pro System also and like it very much. The comment on no temp. with pressure Pro is correct, however as the temp goes up on a tire so does the pressure in the the tire, So the reading of the pressure in the tire will tell you if there may be a problem if you notice the prssure is getting a bit high you may want to check that tire. Just a thought to keep in mind. Evans & Lana

Forrest Fetherolf

Jim B,
The pressure monitor is next on my to-do list. I have not made up my mind which one. I hope to install a system just before I have a blow out and destroy the Big Horn.
Pressure Pro is the easiest to install and the easiest to disappear. I have had valve stem caps stolen from parked vehicles. If the bad guys realize the $50 value per sensor, watch out. Pressure Pro does sell a locking device for $4.50 ea, a determined thief will break the stem and you will be left with several flat tires. The only option is to remove the sensors each time you park.
Forrest

jbeletti

Forrest,

I agree, senders can be stolen with the Pressure Pro system. Trust me, you don't want to remove them when you stop. Unless you number them in order to get them back on the same tire, re-adding each one to the system is a pain. Plus accessing that inside dual sender is no fun either.

So if security is a concern for you, I'd say, Pressure Pro is not the best system for you. Consider SmarTire.

Jim