replace water valve kit-Sealand

tmcran

My plastic shaft on the Sealand water valve broke and can't get water in the bowl. It is under warranty and Dometic is sending the kit to replace it. Has anyone done this and are there things I might need to look for? Looks as if all that in necessary is to remove the lines and screws and reinstall. Looks as if there is some lube on the top where the plastic cap fits on top of the shaft .

mrcomer

Past Ohio Chapter Leaders (Founding)
I have done this as well as others on here. It is pretty straight forward, just read through the directions. I know, who reads direction, well I did and everything went smooth.

Good luck,
Mark

2010augusta

Yep, it is real easy to do the swap. just a couple screws and the water lines (in and out). the only bad part is that grease is messy and gets on everything.

TXBobcat

Fulltime
There are so many things available for helping fix things on this forum.

I am looking for a way to store items like this, that were posted, that we can access.

You might look at this thread by Marv (Smokeybare)

BC

tmcran

I have done this as well as others on here. It is pretty straight forward, just read through the directions. I know, who reads direction, well I did and everything went smooth.

Good luck,
Mark

Got the water valve kit installed yesterday. You are right ,very straight forward even with the directions.:D The new one has a brass shaft and hopefully will not break as easy as the plastic one. I used vaseline for the lube and works great. I'm going to get a spare for the other bathroom.