Placing order for 2011 - Cyclone 3010

Kendy

Hi Everyone,
Love the site, great people and lots of useful info.
Was looking for somewhere to introduce ourselves, but didn't seem to see an actual intro area?

We've been researching for many months at toyhaulers (Cyclone, Raptor, Fuzion, Road Warrior), we narrowed it down and we're hooked on the 2011 Cyclone 3010 :)

We're going in tomorrow to place our order :angel:

We're pretty much going fully loaded, including ToyLok and Removable Edged Cargo Carpet for the Garage.
Does anyone have suggestions or must do's / must have's we should consider? :rolleyes:

Look forward to hearing any thoughts,
Thanx,
Kendy...

porthole

Retired
If your dealer is willing to do some work for you, you can under the under chassis storage bins and spare tire holder. I haven't heard anyone say they did not like having the convenience of the trays.

They are available from Lippert, which is not far from Heartland.

I ordered mine with everything that what was available except the full throttle graphics, standard graphics matched my truck better.

Manke3010

Not sure if it's an option or now standard on the more recent trailers, but make sure it comes with the Dexter E-Z flex suspension. Mine didn't, and I just forked out $400 to get mine done, and let me tell you, on this double axle heavy trailer, these are an absolute must, coming from someone that had some axles issues out of the gates.

Like porthole said, the storage bins are great.
Hydraulic landing gear.
We have 2 AC's, but also live in Cali, so look into that if you think you'd need it, we sure like having 2.

Good luck!

porthole

Retired
Ditto with the 2nd AC, forgot about that, And that is not a check box on the order form, you have to ask for it.

I also had my dealer add heat strips in the AC units. They won't really heat the trailer but they will help take the chill out.

ArlingtonFire

Just placed an order for a 3812 and added electrical outlet to the kitchen. Added cabinet in garage to compliment the tv cabinet.

Cannot understand why they got rid of the boxes. I was told it would be fairly expensive unless someone heard otherwise??

porthole

Retired
The boxes as of last summer were about $450 with two draws and the spare tire carrier.

What is the additional cabinet in the garage?

You'll have this int time for the rally in PA - are you going?

I'll be in York first week of June for a group ride to the factory how far are you from there?

Arlington fire? your not working in Arlington, VA are you? I just came home from 3 days there.

ArlingtonFire

Wow I think I will opt out on the boxes......My daughter has her softball tournament the weekend of the rally.

In the 3812 all they have is the cabinet for the tv, so I had them add a cabinet that goes from the bottom of the tv cabinet to the floor and the same width to look like one unit. They are rerouting the heat duct.

Yes I do work in Arlington, Va and make the 1:45 min commute for (10) 24 hour shifts a month.

I live about 8 traffic lights west of the factory. Have to try and meet when you roll in town.

porthole

Retired
I was just in Arlington, rolled in around 10 Monday night (2.5 hour traffic stop on 95 in Wilmington) and left around 10 Thursday night. - Wish I would have known ...........

10 - 24's I guess you are on the less then ideal 72's doing the 56?

We have to live in the state, but that is the only rule about residency.

Wow I think I will opt out on the boxes......
In the 3812 all they have is the cabinet for the tv, so I had them add a cabinet that goes from the bottom of the tv cabinet to the floor and the same width to look like one unit. They are rerouting the heat duct.

The boxes might be pricey, but I think they are worthwhile. Maybe your dealer can do better.

And don't forget to post pictures of the TV cabinet. Lois and I both just added a Home Depot cabinet under the TV

Kendy

If your dealer is willing to do some work for you, you can under the under chassis storage bins and spare tire holder. I haven't heard anyone say they did not like having the convenience of the trays.

They are available from Lippert, which is not far from Heartland.

I ordered mine with everything that what was available except the full throttle graphics, standard graphics matched my truck better.

Hi Porthole,
I really did like the under Chassis Storage Bins, too bad Heartland stopped offering it as an option and you can't get it from them :(
Don't think my dealer deals directly with Lippert, so if I really want it, I'll have to source it myself.

We ordered the Full Throttle Graphics, we think it looks Awesome!
It doesn't really match our truck, but we think we'll replace our truck before we replace our new Cyclone :rolleyes:

Ken...:cool:

Kendy

Not sure if it's an option or now standard on the more recent trailers, but make sure it comes with the Dexter E-Z flex suspension. Mine didn't, and I just forked out $400 to get mine done, and let me tell you, on this double axle heavy trailer, these are an absolute must, coming from someone that had some axles issues out of the gates.

Like porthole said, the storage bins are great.
Hydraulic landing gear.
We have 2 AC's, but also live in Cali, so look into that if you think you'd need it, we sure like having 2.

Good luck!

Thanks Manke3010,
The 2011 comes with the E-Z flex suspension and Hydraulic landing gear :)
The storage bins are not an option anymore from Heartland :confused:
We decided not to go with the 2nd A/C, we gave it much thought, but was convinced the 3010 was a smaller coach and the one 15000 would be sufficient? If it was only a few hundred $'s more, we might've gone for it, but it's quite an addition in price. When we become snowbirds and head down to Cali for months at a time, we'll ensure we have a unit with 2 A/C's :angel:
We're planning a trip to Palm Springs for a week to 10 days, maybe head over to Vegas for a few days? We'll figure out how well the one A/C unit works ;)

Ken...

ArlingtonFire

Thanks porthole....I guess my question would be if you use one storage box do you still need the spare tire carrier kit ???

How is that sewer management system from Lippert ??

porthole

Retired
Not using the sewer thing - haven't really seen either, but from the pictures i have seen I don't think I will care for it.

I have the two bins and the spare tire carrier. I don't know what you have since you don't have the storage bins fort the spare tire carrier. But - I really like having the bins, enough so that I made add a second set this summer. For now I keep all the sewer paraphernalia (except the hose) in the left side bin and some wood boards in the right side