Could not believe what I was told today

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ernie & Lettie

Today in Tucson a r.v.dealership had a western rv sale and swapmeet. So the wife and I went there just to look. Was not a heartland dealer. We were in a 26ft toyhauler, the FACTORY rep came in and asked me if there was anything he could do for us, I said no we were just looking. The conversation kept going and I said that my truck couldn't pull this toyhauler, because of the gross vehicle weight, he said no problem, He would just call the factory and get them to send him a new sticker with new weights on it and everything would be good. I told him that is wrong and maybe down the road somebody might get killed because of the change in the sticker. He said "We do it all the time". Makes me wonder what else goes on.
Thanx
Ernie & Lettie

2010augusta

Ah, so that's why people with 3/4 ton trucks believe they can tow 42' toy haulers, and I think we're barely safe with our 39' LM and a 450. I just need to get a sticker with a lower weight and we'll be even safer.

yeah, that's the ticket.

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
I'm going to get a Mack Bulldog hood ornament, then I can pull whatever I want to with my 2500GMC.

Ernie & Lettie

Can see a big lawsuit if something ever happens. Some of the shady dealings I have heard about but this one takes the cake. I guess money means more than somebodys life.
Ernie & Lettie

caissiel

I live in NB Canada and the 2005 F250 is licenced 1000 Lbs more then my friends earlier model F350's
The province registers the trucks by the axle capacity, and not by the GVW.
I have to pay more for my Plates then my friends with their pre 2005 Trucks.

With their duellies they can have C plates that are same as the F150's and bypass the scales, and mine it has the L plates, and required to stop at the scales with a trailer other then RV.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
WOW!!. I did notice that the name of the coach was not posted. Probably just as well.

Im glad that I ordered some Peterbilt 379 stickers for my 2500 today. I will feel so much safer now.

bill40

I guess that means if I put my Banks system in position #6 I can pull a few thousand lbs more than position #3:D right?

Brad

Don't forget the female silhouette mudflaps -- those add at least 5000 lbs towing capacity.

truknutt

Committed Member
Don't forget the female silhouette mudflaps -- those add at least 5000 lbs towing capacity.

Hey now don't be sexist; here's one for the ladies!

These are available but I imagine you lose Carrying Capacity due to their "size"!

Attachments

• Mudflap Gal.jpg
    Mudflap Gal.jpg
    8.1 KB · Views: 21
  • Mudflap Guy.jpg
    Mudflap Guy.jpg
    6.9 KB · Views: 22

jbeletti

Hey gang,

I want to provide an short update and factory take on this thread that Ernie and Lettie have begun.

Changing the weight ratings of an RV to match the tow vehicle is illegal. Heartland RVs does "not" engage in such activity. We have re-issued corrected weight stickers to correct ones applied in error.

Yesterday, I pushed this up to the owners of Heartland. Today, I received a phone call from a co-founder/co-owner of Heartland as he began his internal investigation into this matter.

I have also sent an email to Ernie and Lettie, requesting some specifics to aid in our investigation of their claim. Specifically, we seek the name of this factory rep, the date of his statement and the approximate time.

We will get to the bottom of this and if such a statement was made by a Heartland employee, we will take care of the matter internally.

Jim Beletti
Director of Owners Interests
Heartland RVs, LLC

2010augusta

Today in Tucson a r.v.dealership had a western rv sale and swapmeet. So the wife and I went there just to look. Was not a heartland dealer. We were in a 26ft toyhauler, the FACTORY rep came in and asked me...

Ernie & Lettie

Well the OP stated it was not a Heartland dealer.

Ernie & Lettie

Just to clear things up, IT WAS NOT A HEARTLAND REP, OR HAD ANYTHING TO DO WITH HEARTLAND. Sorry if anybody got the wrong impression.
Ernie & Lettie

jbeletti

Thanks for clearing it up Ernie.

Closing this thread, lest anyone get make the wrong assumption as I did at first :eek:

Jim

Status
Not open for further replies.