sewer Hose

dprince99

Just bought a new 2011 CY 3812 & can't seem to figure out were the sewer hose is stored. Were is the carrier hidden? If there is not one, were & how could one be placed.
Thanks Again,
Dave

Riverman

Our new 3950 does not have a storage location either. We were told by the dealer to shove it in the compartment with the valve handles. I believe Porthole has a post on here with a remedy for our problem...involves some PVC pipe & some strapping.
//heartlandowners.org/showthread.php?t=11365
I am going to mount mine quite a bit closer to the axles....looks like it may not survive in the location shown

Last edited:

Yianni

Here are some pictures of mine. I bought everything at Home Depot. I fit 37 ft. of hose in there and use the space where the valve handles are for elbows, etc.

Attachments

• DSC02469 (resized).jpg
    DSC02469 (resized).jpg
    8.7 KB · Views: 85
  • DSC02470 (resized).jpg
    DSC02470 (resized).jpg
    8.7 KB · Views: 81
  • DSC02471 (resized).jpg
    DSC02471 (resized).jpg
    10.7 KB · Views: 79
  • DSC02472 (resized).jpg
    DSC02472 (resized).jpg
    13.2 KB · Views: 77
  • DSC02473 (resized).jpg
    DSC02473 (resized).jpg
    9.9 KB · Views: 73
  • DSC02474 (resized).jpg
    DSC02474 (resized).jpg
    15.7 KB · Views: 78

porthole

Retired
The first post on the that thread shows a commercially available sewer hose container. I have yet to see the long version (mine) at a normal camp supply store. I got mine at one of the RV Surplus stores in Elkhart.

I have had no problems with mine and it is just long enough to keep two lengths of hose in it, with the elbow.

If you decide to use PVC, bring whatever you plan to store in it to the store and see if it fits, I am mostly referring to couplings or elbows.

I had to grind off the ribs on my couplings to make them fit. No problem in square bumper tubes but clearance was an issue in the round tube.

I also have a PVC tube. It is "hose clamped" to the storage bin frame and I use it to carry my flag and flag pole.

//heartlandowners.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=5382&d=1255456293

porthole

Retired
Our new 3950 does not have a storage location either. We were told by the dealer to shove it in the compartment with the valve handles.

This is where it was on mine. But if HL eliminated it you are not missing anything, it really is not of much use other then to store the very "economical" hose supplied to me by the dealer.

The first picture shows where it is and the second is the bin.

Personally I would not want to store the hoses in with the handles if I could avoid it. And this is where those under chassis storage boxes come in real handy. Great for wet and or muddy "stuff".

Attachments

• Cyclone_ext_70_c.JPG
    Cyclone_ext_70_c.JPG
    106.7 KB · Views: 62
  • Cyclone_ext_07.jpg
    Cyclone_ext_07.jpg
    314.7 KB · Views: 62

rideblue

On my 3795, I used to store the hose in the external bins but I wanted to keep wheel chocks and wood blocks in there instead. I mounted a 4" sewer PVC tube to the underside on driver's side just in front of the large slide out. There was some "L" shaped steel brackets there that I just bolted the tube to. Drilled a large hole in one side (seen) so I could get the bolt, washer and socket in. Bolt sized hole in other side as well as "L" shaped brackets. So far it works well. I think it was about 6 feet worth and I can fit 20 feet of hose in there. Notice the screw caps tied to a chain.

rumaco

US Army Retired (CW4)
I put mine in a little wagon and let it follow about 50' back. I think that is the Federal guidline for dangerous and toxic material transportation.