Stronger Stove Exhaust Fan

The stove exhaust fan is puny... does anyone know where I can find a replacement - bigger and stronger exhaust fan for the stove hood?

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
wacodaco, just a silly question. Did you unlatch the vent on the outside? I agree with you that the vent is kinda wimpy, but it does seem to do the job.

Peace
Dave

SilverRhino

I agree...our fan does move the air...but way too noisy!

This is one of the reasons that we do 98% of our cooking outside...makes it seem more like "roughing" it and we don't end up with the residual cooking odors and films in the coach.

Just my opinion.... that said...stronger and much quieter motor would be a great mod!

Travel Safe!

Yes, the vent is open outside... the plastic vent door actually fell off the first day we used it (one of the plastic arms broke and i found it on the floor of our campsite)
so its open for sure...

When my husband cooks steak and bacon inside, it gets smoky and i have to open all the windows. he refuses to cook outside during the winter! baaah!

Pizzaguy

We always use the Fantastic fan and crack a window, even in cool weather. It does a much better job of venting than any of the range hood fans.It will eliminate all odors even at a lower speed.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Our fan is mounted on the micro/convection oven and has multiple speeds. Does yours have multiple speeds. Ours does great on high speed.

TXBobcat

Fulltime
My fan is noisy but pulls a lot of air.

The flap on ours broke off also. I forget to lock it when we travel.

I was looking up through the filter in the hood and can see light from the flap being open. I would like to see a way to see one of those little ball chains on bath tub stoppers (I'm from the old school) that I can pull on the inside and lock it closed.

The flap drives my DW up the wall when we get a wind and it continually flops open and closed. I close the flap, then when I cook breakfast in the morning it is cold when I have to go out and unlatch it.

HEARTLAND make a chain or something to close it from the inside...

BC

pizza guy...what is the fantastic fan?
Ours just has ON or OFF, no other speed setting.

I'm looking for a small fan to put through the window to help exhaust, but the fans at target and wal-mart are huge residental-wndow sized square fans

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Fantastic Fans is a brand of vent fan that fits in the roof vents. Many RV's come with them, but then again many don't. You can replace the plain crank up vent with a Fantastic Fan, but may have to run wiring to do so. They vent air out of the RV. There are both automatic and manual models (and cost varies accordingly). Look them up at www.campingworld.com or Google Fantastic Fan.

leftyf

SSG Stumpy-VA Terrorist
The stove exhaust fan is puny... does anyone know where I can find a replacement - bigger and stronger exhaust fan for the stove hood?

Go to an electronics surplus store and check out their computer fans. They come in all shapes sizes, and voltages 12V and 120V. They move a lot of air, are relatively quiet, and last forever.

Peteyx

Go to an electronics surplus store and check out their computer fans. They come in all shapes sizes, and voltages 12V and 120V. They move a lot of air, are relatively quiet, and last forever.

Be careful changing the fan. Not all fans are designed for exposure to moisture (steam), heat and oils (grease).