dometic refer

I have a 2010 big country 2950rk water drips from the fins on the inside of the refer. Tends to drip on other product in the refer. Why does it do this and how do I correct it? It on setting four It is a dometic refer

jnbhobe

It sould be dripping into a tray on the refridgerator back wall and draining out the lower vent on the back of the fridg to the outside.

TXBobcat

Fulltime
Just be glad yours is not frosting up every month like a lot of others are.

Might turn it down a bit. I have mine on the middle setting and down a bit on the inside adjustment on the fins.

BC

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
I have a 2010 big country 2950rk water drips from the fins on the inside of the refer. Tends to drip on other product in the refer. Why does it do this and how do I correct it? It on setting four It is a dometic refer

Put a spirit level on the bottom of the refer and make sure it's level or slightly tilted to the rear. It should not drip past the collection tray under them. You do have a drip tray there, right? If not, they left something out of your refer.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
priestlake, is your reefer constanly dripping?
When cooling, I don't think you should have any dripping at all from the fins. Only while defrosting.
There might be a newer version that has a defrost cycle for those fins but I'm not sure about that.
Have you checked the internal temperature? It should be between freezing and 38 degrees. On the right side of the fins you should see a wire attached to a device on one of the fins. That is a sensor for the thermostat. It can be moved up or down to vary the temperature as well as the 1 through 5 settings on the control panel.
If you received an owners manual it's a good ides to read it thoroughly. Lots of good user info in there.