Do I need a slider to haul a 2009 Landmark Pinhurst

mikeandconnie

Hello,

I'm new to the RV world, we bought a 2009 Landmark Pinehurst, we plan to pull it with my F350 short bed 6 3/4. Should I install the slider with the fifth wheel or will work ok without it since on the 2009 Landmark.
Also looking for some help for my wife working all the buttons. She can not get the upper heat to come on and she ran out of propane.:eek:

Thanks for any help.

Bobby A

Hello,

I'm new to the RV world, we bought a 2009 Landmark Pinehurst, we plan to pull it with my F350 short bed 6 3/4. Should I install the slider with the fifth wheel or will work ok without it since on the 2009 Landmark.
Also looking for some help for my wife working all the buttons. She can not get the upper heat to come on and she ran out of propane.:eek:

Thanks for any help.

We have the same floor plan only in a Big Horn, and we don't need a slider, my TV is a Dodge mega cab short bed also with a 6 foot box. Not sure what to tell ya about the heat and buttons, someone will come in shortly and answer your question about that.

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
We have a Dodge 3500 srw and with the design of the front cap, we don't have a slider. Surprising, I have had the rig in a pretty sharp turn, especially backing, and haven't had any problems.

2010augusta

Welcome to the Heartland family and the owners forum.

I am guessing that your unit has both A/C's unit and the "upper heat" is bedroom thermostat. Unfortunately, the bedroom thermostat is just for cooling and fan use. It was not till the later 2010's that a heat-pump became an option.

I can't help with running out of propane, other than the fact that you will ALWAYS run out after the close of business on a Friday or Saturday.;)

Mikemm62

Mike & Suzanne
Hi Mike,
We also have a Landmark Oakmont, and also pull with a Ford short bed.
I went with the Super Glider Hitch , not so much for the normal maneuvers, but for when you get in tight, uneven places that you need a little forgiveness.
IMHO

Hope this helps, And Happy Camping

Mike & Suzanne

Last edited:

Delaine and Lindy

Short Bed Trucks....

I would recomend a slider with a short bed Truck. Its my belief that as long as the surface your driving on when parking the slider isn't needed but if you on uneven surface no matter what front cap you have you will need a slider hitch. I owned one short bed truck and did have a 4 way pivot head Huskey with the manuel slider and never had to use the slider in over 20,000 miles. I also would recomend the manuel slider just for the cost difference and ability to move your 5th wheel with any regular 5th wheel hitch. With the automatic sliders they had to have a plate mounted to the pin box for it to work. Trailer Saver air ride hitch now has a Air ride slider 5th wheel hitch if you want the best of both worlds. GBY....

Larryheadhunter

X-Rookies Still Luving it
I have the pullrite auto slider and it's awesome. For a better ride for about the same money, check out the trailersaver.com 2 air bag hitch, model BD3. And with my short bed ford, I wouldn't be without my slider. The one time u may have to use it makes it worth it IMHO.

jbeletti

Hello,

Thanks for any help.

Mike,

As Alan pointed out, unless you ordered your unit with the Heat Pump option within your bedroom Air Conditioner unit, then you do not have have a "bedroom only" heat control.

The bedroom is standardly heated with the propane furnace.

Jim

Del600

Iowa Chapter Founding Father
I would go with the insurance policy, get a slider, and if you never have to use it..... be happy.