Integrated BBQ

BruteForce

One of the things we're going to miss the most from our Jayco 31SS is the integrated RV-Q. A propane line runs to the back side exterior of the RV, a mount sits against the wall of the RV and a small BBQ can be attached. This unit then tucks away nicely for storage.

No additional BBQ, propane tanks is needed with this configuration.

rumaco

US Army Retired (CW4)
Ok!

sounds easy to make! A little thought and little welding and walla you have it. The lines are simple to run..............you may be on to something!:)

truknutt

Committed Member
That's what I figure also, Gus. That's why it's sitting in my barn loft waiting for an entry-level camper to claim it. :rolleyes:

Riverman

We had & used the RVQ on our last trailer on a regular basis. It never harmed the fibreglass. Our new Cyclone has a fitting on it...but I have yet to find where Heartland hides the BBQ??

Mike Aplin

Based on customer feedback, for the 2011 model year, we have installed on the door side of the unit an LP quick connect for our customers to use an outside BBQ. We didn't put the bracket or did we put any particular backer in the sidewall for an RVQ but we mostly wanted to give everyone the opportunity to hook up their BBQ externally. Thank you for all of your great suggestions, we really do take everyone into consideration. Thanks, Mike

BruteForce

Based on customer feedback, for the 2011 model year, we have installed on the door side of the unit an LP quick connect for our customers to use an outside BBQ. We didn't put the bracket or did we put any particular backer in the sidewall for an RVQ but we mostly wanted to give everyone the opportunity to hook up their BBQ externally. Thank you for all of your great suggestions, we really do take everyone into consideration. Thanks, Mike

One year late for me. I assume the components will be available to us with the "older" 2010 model?

mrendahl

Mike, our 2011 RW405 did not come with the LP quick connect. Is this something to take up with the dealer or with Heartland directly?

Cimriver

Still using our RV-Q that came with our Jayco trailer (two RV's ago). Although I never had any problems with it mounted to the side of the Jayco, it always did make me a little nervous. Both on my current fifth-wheel and on the new Elkridge we have on order I have/will have the quick connect. I have a Coleman table that the RV-Q sits on a little bit farther from the side of the RV.

Last edited:

Mike Aplin

The first intial 2011 may/may not of had the LP connect as we decided to add it at a later date. That being said, please check under the door side outside storage compartment down by the main frame as this is where we are now locating it. Thanks, Mike

mrendahl

It's not there. I know ours was manufactured in Nov 2009. Would that make it then an early 2011 production or late? And, if not, are we eligible to have one?

jbeletti

Mark and Cheryl,

We are sorry but no, you will not qualify for this item. Reason being is that we added it as a standard after your unit was built. So there t no retro-fit and there is not likely any kit available through the Parts Department.

I see many RVers "connecting their grills" at the high-pressure side of the propane system "at the tank". This is typically done using Mr. Heater brand or equivalent kits made just for this purpose. These kits are available at Camping World and similar stores. Heartland is not able to use systems like this due to certain codes we are bound by. Best of luck and thank you for understanding our position.

Jim Beletti
Director of Owners Interests
Heartland RVs, LLC

Cimriver

mrendahl - we had a quick connect added by a local RV repair shop. I'm sure you can find someone to do it at a reasonable price.