2011 3850 And a Sat Receiver

shriver63

I think this may have been asked somewhere before but I would like to know where is a good spot for the dish network box in a 3850? I don't see an entertainment shelf or anything in the brochure. Can anything be added if we order one from the factory? I gotta watch my Cardinals

Mike Aplin

On the 3850 I have had customers tell me that they ran the receiver from up in the loft areas ent. center and ran a "splitter" and RG-6 Coax cable to the t.v. in the main living room. They then went to Radio Shack and purchased an "IR Transmitter" which is an infrared remote so that they could switch the channels. I would like anyone out there that has done this to respond and let me know if this is what you did. Thanks, Mike

kkflstf

I have a 2011 3850 and put the primary reciver (directv hr20) in the headboard area of the loft. I cut a hole though the back side of the tv cabnit for the hdmi cable and another under the mattress and theough the back sie of the loft wall to the garage with a wall plate for the garage TV. My reciever can and does work on the RF remote setting so I can operate it any where in the coach. I also have a 2nd reciever in the bedroom, but for reasons to long to go into here I also have a wilreless transmitter reciever combo to the bed room form the main reciever. PM mail with any questions if you wish.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
On the 3850 I have had customers tell me that they ran the receiver from up in the loft areas ent. center and ran a "splitter" and RG-6 Coax cable to the t.v. in the main living room. They then went to Radio Shack and purchased an "IR Transmitter" which is an infrared remote so that they could switch the channels. I would like anyone out there that has done this to respond and let me know if this is what you did. Thanks, Mike

We did run an IR in our Landmark so we could change channels on our satellite receiver which is in the living room while in the bedroom. Works great.

Riverman

I believe what you are referring to is a UHF remote rather than an IR.
A UHF will control a device from anywhere in the coach.

I put my dish network reciever up in the master with one output going to the tv in the master and the other going to the on in the living room. The Living room remote is UHF while the one in the bedroom is ir