travel from Rockport, texas to Lake city, Fl

rick_debbie_gallant

Hey all. We have now decided to go and stop in Lake City, Fl and leave our 5th wheel while we go on our cruise that departs on March 13.

Wondering about the roads and highways between Rockport, Texas and Lake City. Also some possible cant miss places as well as good places to stay. We like to learn from others who have made bad choices. We have 11 days to get to Lake city from Rockport Texas or about 1000 miles. Thanks in advance all.

Tom of Ypsi

US 10 across Tx, La, Al, Ms, Fl is a good road so do not be afraid to take it. We stopped in Hammond, La north of New Orleans with a Camping World close by and not too far from N O without the trafffic and high prices. There are a lot of good cg's along the way and we usually use our Passport America to save on cost.

jimtoo

US 10 across Tx, La, Al, Ms, Fl is a good road so do not be afraid to take it. We stopped in Hammond, La north of New Orleans with a Camping World close by and not too far from N O without the trafffic and high prices. There are a lot of good cg's along the way and we usually use our Passport America to save on cost.

You might want to take IH 12 just out of Baton Rouge to bypass New Orleans.... Well,,, I did not read enough... Tom says Hammond, La. which is on IH12 ...Duh.... Oh well... now you have it twice... I think..:D How about another frozen margarita,,,, with salt...:D

Jim M

Tom of Ypsi

.:D How about another frozen margarita,,,, with salt...:D

Jim M[/QUOTE]

Jim

I think you are getting too much salt and it is pickling your brain. :D

jimtoo

.:D How about another frozen margarita,,,, with salt...:D

Jim M

Jim

I think you are getting too much salt and it is pickling your brain. :D[/QUOTE]

Naaawww....salt just makes the arteries hard..,,, One more margarita.. Please:D.....and the alcohol is a preservative,, so I should last forever:D...

Jimmm MM

rick_debbie_gallant

love Margaretta's, salt is also a preservative. not sure about the alcohol though. I had heard that I-10 was pretty rough going across but it is good to hear it is okey to take. thanks

Tom of Ypsi

Rick,

I-10 is far better than most Michigan roads. This use to be a bad road but constant work on it for the past several years has made it better.