New 3580 Bighorn PDI etc.

bigbird272

I am now sitting in my new 3580 at the Pacific Border R. V. Park here in the S. Surrey White Rock area of British Columbia Canada. I spent last night at the local dealers transferring stuff from one trailer to the new one. It took hours.

The PDI went well but there were a few problems as follows.

Both the kitchen and bathroom sinks leaked. Both traps had to be replaced. The back screen was cut and replaced. Some minor caulking had to be done. The water pump had to be tightened due to a leak, and the shower is leaking at the door, needs caulking.

I would recommend anyone who is considering buying from Heartland or any other company on a full time basis spend the night at the dealers. I was able to plug into electric over night and all was well.

When I went to hook up and extend the landing gear by hitting extend the landing gear retracted. When I tried to retract the landing gear it extended. So who ever connected the switch at the factory wired it wrong. I did not get it fixed yesterday as I was anxious to get out of there. I will take it in after my summer trip and get it fixed as well as anything else that needs fixing.

All in all not as bad as it could have been. I will be keeping an eye on it and watching for other problems that people have had on the forum. I love the double wide fridge and ice maker etc.

It did tow great behind my F350 diesel. I certainly noticed the weight on the pin but the springs on the truck never got to the over loads. The big test comes in July.

Rick

CrazyScotsman

Welcome to the Heartland family.
I sure hope you enjoy your 3580 as much as we do ours.
Your right about how great they tow, especially behind a F350 . :)

Barry & Alana

We stayed at that RV park a bout 3 years ago. The managers were super friendly. What is the cost there now?

And congrats on you new unit. Great idea staying at the dealers. The fellow that did our PDI did a great job which made it easier.

bigbird272

Thanks Barry and Alana,

The park is a nice one. About 40 a night now. Monthly about 600. That pdi is important for sure. I have found a couple minor things since I got home but nothing critical. I will take it in Sept at the end of the season to look after those things. As I mentioned the landing gear wiring was reversed. Heading to the Edmonton area and Saskatoon in July. Should be a good test.

Rick

yondering

Retired-Full Timer
Welcome aboard ! Hope you enjoy the 3580 as much as we do ours. Have had it a year now and really have found it to be an excellant fultimer rig. Best wishes and God Bless ya, Al & Dee weaver

jvblade

Canadian Member
Yes it is very important during a PDI to check the sinks and showers for leaks. We fought with leaks for a few weeks after getting our unit (still haven't got the one on the shower 100% yet). I fully recommend that during the PDI, fill up the sinks, drain and then do it all again. Spray the shower head all over the glass frame as well.

It seems like the factory just assemble the drains but don't always go back and check to ensure that the fittings are tight. I think almost every fitting was loose, some so loose that I don't think they were ever tightened. I just recommend that for the first month or of using, keep sticking your head under the cabinets to check for water. You'll save yourself some grief later on.

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Yes it is very important during a PDI to check the sinks and showers for leaks. We fought with leaks for a few weeks after getting our unit (still haven't got the one on the shower 100% yet). I fully recommend that during the PDI, fill up the sinks, drain and then do it all again. Spray the shower head all over the glass frame as well.

It seems like the factory just assemble the drains but don't always go back and check to ensure that the fittings are tight. I think almost every fitting was loose, some so loose that I don't think they were ever tightened. I just recommend that for the first month or of using, keep sticking your head under the cabinets to check for water. You'll save yourself some grief later on.

And every month or so stick your head back under the sinks and retighten the drain connections. The "bouncing" down our wonderful highways will inevitably loosen them. Do the same for all your hot and cold water connections, too.

bigbird272

In July I am heading to Sask and Alberta. Will be a good test. Then after that I will take it in and get anything that needs fixing, fixed.

Rick