Anybody know how to...

skyguy

Anybody know how to... SOLVED!!

get those little "clasps" back on, on your small door flap/covers that hide the extend/retract switches up front or on the rear side??

My front one was open, and the part that turns and latches the door closed, caught in a coat pocket and pulled off. :eek:

It looks as though it should just snap back on, but I either don't have the strength, or there is some catchy trick to putting this back together.

Thanks!!!

Last edited:

lcdrdean

Al,

Had the same problem right after we got our 3670. I too couldn't figure out how to put the latch back together. When I took it to the dealer, they replaced the latch with a metal one. I think I'll replace all the plastic ones now.

skyguy

Thanks Dean!

You would think that if it could snap off that easily, it shouldn't be any contest to snap it back on!

NOT SO!

I've been mulling over a velcro alternative...

Al S.

skyguy

Passed on the velcro (hook n loop)

Instead, I figured out you could remove the "knob" from the door, by squeezing the two little indents in. That gave me better access to the "knob". Then I was able to use a small pair of needle nose pliers, and squeeze the two "catches" on the end of the "knob" together enough, that the clasp part just slipped on!! Hooray! Then it was just a matter of square peg - round hole to fit the assembled know back into the hatch - job done!

(You might not "HAVE" to remove the knob from the hatch cover... I don't know)