near San Martin CA

labbysmom

We need a campground (full hookup) close to San Martin CA. We are picking up our new Bighorn and want to spend a few days testing it out close to the dealer.

Pinto Lake came up in a search as well as Uvas Pines in Morgan Hill.

Any suggestions?
Thanks
Diane

Yianni

Diane,
I'm not a full hookup camper but I've driven past Betabel RV Resort many times. I've read people's comments that have stayed there and have never seen anything negative. Always good reviews. I mapped it and it is 14.8 from San Martin. 19 mins. Are you buying from See Grins?
Good Luck!

http://www.betabel.com/

labbysmom

Thanks Yianni,
that looks nice. Yes we are getting our trailer from SeeGrins. We are driving down from Vancouver, Canada, towing a u-haul full of our trailer 'stuff' and after pickup we plan almost a month in the USA 'getting to know' it. We are so excited!

Diane

Yianni

Be sure to take a day trip to Carmel while you are there. From Betabel you are only 50 mins, to an hour away. Beautiful area. Also, Gilroy has a huge outdoor outlet mall and all the garlic you would ever want. They are garlic capitol of the world. If you go to Carmel, you will pass through Castroville. They have the title of Artichoke capitol of the world. Some really outstanding articholes if you like them.
Again, good luck and let us know how See Grins worked out for you.

wdk450

Betebel

We are staying at Betabel for a week starting on Sunday. We stayed there last Spring and found it to have good amenities, good location (freeway noise is negligable), fair price, well kept-up, and close enough to the Monterey/Santa Cruz coast for us.
You might want to use RV Park Reviews to scout sites in the future:
http://www.rvparkreviews.com/

Mariposa

RV parks

We stay in Maple Leaf Rv on the other side of the freeway. Good test on getting the Big Horn in to parking spot. Just keep it slow and swing wide. never stayed at Uvas Pines, but looked it over and it looks nice. We plan to try Uvas Pines next time we are in Morgan Hill. Shadow Mountain Baptist Church is near by, too.
Bob

Mariposa

p/s breathing deep sometimes will help clear your sinus. The smell of garlic is everywhere

labbysmom

thanks to you all for your suggestions, and to Mariposa on the suggestion on the church. Its nice to find a place to worship too while traveling.

Diane

Elder1

We stay in that area at least once a year. We have used both the Maple Leaf and Gilroy Garlic USA RV Park. We like the Gilroy one better as its newer and very close to Walmart and other shops and still gives the feeling of being in the country. The Maple Leaf is a bit cheaper and is well maintained for a older park. It is much closer to Morgan Hill and downtown if that is what your looking for. We will be down there the End of March for a week if you would like to meet up with us. Would love to show you around as we lived in that area for several years and still have family there. Have fun with your new toy.

labbysmom

Hi Bryan and Tanna
We looked at the Gilroy park as well. We are trying to stay close to San Martin for 3 days as our dealer felt it would give us a good opportunity to find any problems before we continue our trip. We will only be in that area Mar 2-4 before heading out. Sorry that we will miss you.
We do plan to attend the Sept rally in Merrit BC so perhaps we'll meet up then?

Diane

LilGTO71

Like others, we just picked up our new Sundance 3300QS this past Saturday from See Grins. First off, great folks. Secondly, you are next door to Camping World. As we are from the Central Valley, we motored on to CASA De FRUITA for two nights. Having stayed there previously, I cannot say enough how much we appreciated the staff there. Right on Hwy 152 about 30 minutes from See Grins.