3010 Travel trailer.Where is battery disconnect?

theblade

I leave ours plugged in (110vac) all the time but i think it is in the battery/gen. compartment on the back wall. (red knob or handle right behind batt.)

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Your rig might not have an actual disconnect. Most who have them have installed aftermarket disconnects. If you have one it should be at or very near the battery.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Don't know about Cyclones, but BH's don't come with them pre-installed. Simple fix, if storing the rig, is to disconnect one of the battery terminals. Or you can install a shut-off switch. They run anywhere from around $15 for a simple knife switch mounted on the battery terminal to close to $50 for a good one.

Besides the radio (some models), the LP gas detector will put a continuous drain on the battery, as well. So will any 12V lights left on by accident. HVAC fans and Fantastic Fans will also operate if they're left in an ON position and the temps are right.

serpa4

Not only that, but the amp has power to it also. Way too many things for the mfg not to put in a cut off. What a cheap move to make.

wyleyrabbit

I put a battery disconnect switch in to our Bighorn. An absolute "must-do" mod, in my humble opinion. Very easy as well.

Initially, I considered going with an automotive battery disconnect switch, but after doing my due diligence decided to consult with the marine experts. I ended up going with a switch made by Blue Sea Systems (www.bluesea.com). The switches come in a variety of configurations and mounting options, some even allowing for multiple battery banks. I went with the basic on/off version.

7808801.jpg

I purchased my switches from my local West Marine store, although they have an excellent web presence as well (www.westmarine.com).

You'll need to also buy a couple of feet of heavy gauge battery wire with the connectors on either end as well.

I also installed one of these switches in line with the inverter as well, so when we're not needing it, there is zero power going to it.

One thing to keep in mind if you have a solar array is to make sure the solar charger can still charge the batteries, but the house cannot drain anything.

Also, make certain that you have the battery switch in the "ON" position while driving, otherwise the trailer brakes would not be able to engage in a breakaway situation.

Hope this helps.

Chris