Door lock probem

I have a 2010 sundance 2900mk but this will fit in with the general discusion.I have a problem with the door lock on my unit.I can put the key into the top lock and it turns but the deadbolt won't so i am locked out of my trailer.The reason I can't get in my trailer is someone thought they needed access to my trailer more than I did and had a better key.I'm thinking they used a hammer and a chissel.To bad for them they never did get in,and that was the only damage done to mine.The other 30 to 40 trailer atleast had been accesed.Everthing from covers slashed to find the door,both locks hammered out and windows smashed.The only thing they wanted was the flat screen tv's.I went to my dealership and bought a whole new lock assembly.Now the question stands,how the heck do I replace it since I can't get inside to get the door open?????I'm glad the parts only cost me $55.00,but now I need to change it.Keystone rv's must have a different lock on them because that is the only make that they actually picked the locks on.all other brands had them smashed out.Thank goodness they did'nt trash the insides.I would like to do to there hands what they did to all the trailers.Any ideas on how to open my door would be great.

yondering

Retired-Full Timer
We had a problem with our deadbolt also, not from vandalism, it just quit working, I think the tumblers fell. anyway, We had to get a slim screwdriver and tap it into the lock cylinder and turn it manually. Too, we had to replace the whole assembly. There are some screws on the insde, once you get there, that will let you remove the lock unit. Not to hard to change out. Best wishes, and God Bless ya, Al

htneighbors

Unbelievably Blessed!
I have a 2010 sundance 2900mk but this will fit in with the general discusion.I have a problem with the door lock on my unit.I can put the key into the top lock and it turns but the deadbolt won't so i am locked out of my trailer.The reason I can't get in my trailer is someone thought they needed access to my trailer more than I did and had a better key.I'm thinking they used a hammer and a chissel.To bad for them they never did get in,and that was the only damage done to mine.The other 30 to 40 trailer atleast had been accesed.Everthing from covers slashed to find the door,both locks hammered out and windows smashed.The only thing they wanted was the flat screen tv's.I went to my dealership and bought a whole new lock assembly.Now the question stands,how the heck do I replace it since I can't get inside to get the door open?????I'm glad the parts only cost me $55.00,but now I need to change it.Keystone rv's must have a different lock on them because that is the only make that they actually picked the locks on.all other brands had them smashed out.Thank goodness they did'nt trash the insides.I would like to do to there hands what they did to all the trailers.Any ideas on how to open my door would be great.

I once broke a key off in my deadbolt. 1/4" bit in my DeWalt was my fix. Opened up just fine! :D

Attachments

• HT 364.jpg
    HT 364.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 36
  • HT 365.jpg
    HT 365.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 36

MC9

I got locked out of my new 2900MK in Fredricksburg,TX this fall. Called local locksmith, He held tension on the key and tapped on the lock area with a rubber hammer and it opened. Cost 35 bucks. They are easily replaced. Get a skinny kid to climb up through the laundry chute.

Well I got the keys back from the cops at lunch time and brought my trailer home.I drilled the lock out and it opened up right away.I was worried that the dead bolt was not going to turn.I was happy to see they never got in.Just two more months in that storage yard and i"ll have a safer place to keep it.That was the second time in 6 months that yard was hit.At least this was a easy fix and cheap compared to what happened to the other units there.:D Thank you for help.

TXBobcat

Fulltime
One thing I noticed about my trailer. If you open the basement pull the inter wall out (one behind the UDC) and crawl into the basement. There is a return air vent that connects the basement with the living room of the trailer beside the stairs and refer. If you kicked it out you can get in without doing a lot of damage to the trailere. A small person may be able to crawl in and open the door.

Just a thought..

BC

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
One thing I noticed about my trailer. If you open the basement pull the inter wall out (one behind the UDC) and crawl into the basement. There is a return air vent that connects the basement with the living room of the trailer beside the stairs and refer. If you kicked it out you can get in without doing a lot of damage to the trailere. A small person may be able to crawl in and open the door.

Just a thought..

BC

Fortunately, in the 3670, they'd have to be small AND very flat. The return air vent is over the kitchen cabinets at the ceiling and the "thin man" would have to shimmy up the wall behind the shower stall. Not to mention just having to crawl over/through that nightmare behind the basement wall.:D