For Animal Lovers

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
I had lost several family members to cancer thru the years but had never thought about animals getting cancer. Back in the 80's when I was very much involved with horses and horse showing, I lost one of my best show mare to cancer. It was very hard watching her go downhill and finally decided to put her down before the cancer totally destroyed her. Since then, I have also lost a britney springer (actually my son's dog) to cancer. It's so sad watching the hurt in their eyes. :(

brunomisty

Sundance Owner
It's so sad watching the hurt in their eyes. :(
Yes you have that right I can still see the look in her eyes she was my little girl , She was in my arms when she passed

I had lost several family members to cancer thru the years but had never thought about animals getting cancer. Back in the 80's when I was very much involved with horses and horse showing, I lost one of my best show mare to cancer. It was very hard watching her go downhill and finally decided to put her down before the cancer totally destroyed her. Since then, I have also lost a britney springer (actually my son's dog) to cancer. It's so sad watching the hurt in their eyes. :(

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
We lost our previous Maine Coon to cancer. She developed nasal polyps that were malignant. We treated her with medications and even a Flo-vent inhaler, but in the end, it started to break through the roof of her snout and we had to put her down. She had survived a urinary tract problem, hyperthyroidism, and chylothorax, but she couldn't beat this. Ole Giz' was a sweetie we adopted when she was about 2 1/2 years old. When she passed, she was close to 17 years old.

SilverRhino

Years ago in one of the Zoos I worked in...we had a female African lion that was doing poorly. After many unsuccessful attempts we unfortunately lost her.

When we performed the necropsy...we found that she had an extremely aggressive and advanced abdominal cancer.