Light stays on

trdeal

Past North Carolina Chapter Leader
Hi Scott,
I have a 2005 Mt. Rushmore that we bought from Bill Plemmons Rv in Rural hall NC, in October of 2004. We have had some minor problems,some repaired by Bill Plemmons, (shower leaking) and some by me,(loose window dressings,etc). For the most part we are happy with our unit. I would like to ask you about a small problem I am having with my refrigerator. It is the Dometic side by side, model number NDR 1292 with icemaker. I have had to replace the light bulb in the fridg. a couple of times,which I thought was odd. I pushed on the switch arm in the fridg. and the light stayed on. I called the parts department at BP and they told me that it could be the switch. They sent me a new one, I replaced it,and the light still will not cut off. I called back to BP and was told that it could be a circuit board that was not telling the switch to tell the light to cut off,but that the fridg should still work fine untill I could get the unit back to them.I have taken the bulb out. I am not in any way complaining about the service or parts dept at BP, I just wanted your take on my problem. It is about a 3 hour round trip to BP from my home. Thank-you

K

Ken Washington

trdeal,
Just a thought would be to call Dometic yourself. There number is in your manual that you got with the unit. Maybe they can shade a little light on this problem.
Ken

Scott

Ken is right on this one. I would call Dometic's 800# and tell them you need a fix to this problem.
I would also assume that they would have a certified Dometic RV service rep closer to your home so you don't need to travel that far.

ST

trdeal

Past North Carolina Chapter Leader
light stays on

Thanks for the information. I did not think of that.