Duramax Chevelle

HarleyRyder

Retired Gunslinger
I was cruising through one of the car magazines I subscribe to and found a picture of a 1970 Chevelle with a 6.6 Duramax stuffed in the engine bay. Although the car and engine are highly modified and the project is not something for the faint of heart in the area of mechanics, I thought it might be of interest. How about 1000 HP and 2000 ft/lb of torque?

//heartlandowners.org/features/0906phr_1970_chevy_chevelle_turbo_diesel/photo_23.html

Here is a link to an article in Popular Hot Rodding explaining the mods along with more pictures.

http://www.popularhotrodding.com/features/0906phr_1970_chevy_chevelle_turbo_diesel/index.html

palebluedot

It amazes me how they build transmissions and differentials to withstand that kind of power. Banks Engineering shoehorned a Cummins 5.9L ISB into a Dodge Dakota a couple years back. It topped out at 212 MPH at Bonneville as I recall. I understand they are building a DuraMax for a dragster currently. I bet they don't get 300K+ miles out of those engines like our TVs.

loafer

Saw that article toooo cool so much hp wouldnt be out in the snow with that LOL
Yes too much money dont know what to do with so build a $250,00 dollar car with oh well
Fun to see
Bill