Disable / Mute exterior speakers

BruteForce

Found out (the bad and hard way) tonight that when playing a movie, music or iPOD, all sounds are heard via the exterior speakers.

Is there any way to disable or mute those exterior speakers so we can watch a movie at night without keeping the neighbors up?

BruteForce

I took the Jensen DVD/Stereo out of the wall, traced the wires and cut the two exterior speaker wires (after labeling both ends). Couldn't find any other method for turning those speakers off.

Now we can rock out to our heats content without disturbing the neighbors.

To get the exterior working again, I'll have to reattach the four wires to one another and use some electrical tape.

<sigh> :rolleyes:

Yianni

My Cyclone has a speaker control panel but on the units prior to mine, I believe the fader control on the stereo is used to switch between speakers.
Congrats on the new RW. Looks great!

MystrMagic

Magician
Hello Brute. Recently picked up my new Cyclone 3914 and had a similar experience. Pulled my Jensen manual and learned how to set both the input and volume for the two different zones.

Apparently, zone one is inside the unit and zone two is outside.

If you have the same unit I do, just look on the faceplace (upper left corner) and you'll see a small button labeled "zone". Push this button and the display will show the status of the zone you're listening to. It will cycle on/off each time you press the button so it is a simple matter to simply turn zone two off.

Check your manual for specifics of your particular unit.

Jellystone

On the Jensen system go to the menu and select the fader-F is forward and R is rear. Turn the volume knob to fade speakers in or out. This will allow you to fade out the exterior speakers or vice versa or use all speakers at the same time. Helpful hint-anytime you are hooked up to cable for television, make sure the antennae booster button is turned off (little red light will be off) or the picture will not come in clear. When you use the antennae for local channels turn booster back on.

BruteForce

Since it's daytime and I won't be bothering anybody, I reconnected the wires I cut last night and played with the fade.

Just as was indicated by most of you, adjusting the fade all the way to the "front" muted the exterior speakers.

Thanks to all for the assistance!

PUG

Pug
I have the JENSEN radio/dvd player and it is wired to use the Fader. Right is inside. Left is outside. I was playing an army war movie a few years back and the neighborhood thought they were under attack until a neighbor told me the outside speakers were on.