Day-Night Blinds

Dave

Traveling Two
Our day-night blind in the hallway of our Sundance 3300SK is beyound restringing or repair. Where can I get a replacement blind? It's approx. 14" wide by 48" (?) tall. Thanks and be safe

TXBobcat

Fulltime
Just a question, what causes the bilinds to be beyond repair?

A number of us have restrung our shades and there are very good and easy instructions on how to restring the shades. I restrung on of ours and it wasn't a problem.

Let us know if you want the restring instructions.

BC

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
If you want to replace new - check with Camping World. They sell day/night shades.

Two Hands

I had the same problem and called the parts department at Heartland. When I gave them my VIN they were able to determine the proper color for the shade. The cost, to include shipping, was very fair and the shade arrived in a timely manner.

Dave

Traveling Two
TXBobcat..I'm in Norfolk, VA and our camper in is South Carolina but as I recall, the shade has a hole in it and a plastic stiffner inside one of the horizontal sections is broke. I have directions to restring the blind, which I probably will give a try once I get back. If it's not a hugh bother please send me your directions, they might be easier and better than the one set of directions I have. Send along any helpful hints also. Thanks a lot for your offer. Take care and be careful

drjbb

brownie
Bob & Pat I was reading your reply as I need to restring my big rear shade on my 2008 3055 rl.. Where do you get the string as I have read that Camping world does not carry.
Doug Brown drjbb@yahoo.com

TXBobcat

Fulltime
Day-Night Blinds - Instructions

Here is a link to where I found the instructions to repair different type of shades including the Day Night Shates with different sizes and string quantities.

I just used some nylon string from WalMart where I also bought a large needle to use in stringing the blind. It was not very hard. Just take it apart easy and see how the spring works. It is not real critical.

The thing that really helped me was the instructions on how to adjust the string when finished. Keep it loose enough to hold it up but not tight, because that is what wears out the string.

Here is the PDF for the: Repair Instructions
Diagrams:
2 String Diagram
3 String Diagram
4 String Diagram
String to use
How much String to use

Paul & Nan

Re: Day-Night Blinds - Instructions

If you want to replace, rather than repair, look at Bali or Levolor blinds at JC Penney or Lowes. They do custom sizing. We did a Bali cellular top down/bottom up for our big back window, very energy effecient, gives privacey and light. Cost less than the "standard" RV blinds. The difference-- better quality and less cost.