Canadian Dealers

d & d

Hi All

We are currently looking at the 3055 model, has anyone had good dealings with any canadian dealers. we tried the one in Calgary but they didn't seem to know much about their product, we knew more then he did any information would be greatly appriciated.

Thanks

Dawn & Dan

sailorand

Past British Columbia Chapter Leader
d&d
our dealer in Langley BC has been very good to us.
Traveland RV superstore, 20529 Langley Bypass, Langley BC V3A 5E8
604 530 8141 www.travelandrvcanada.com
our salesperson was Cam Scouten.
very busy dealer with a good service dept.
good luck Rand
will be sailing for the next 2 weeks

Trap

3055rl

We've been going through the same thing here in central alberta. We even checked in calgary area. So far they don't seem to be all that keen in wanting to deal with us. Also there price is there price, which is a lot more than what you can get them for south of the border. I think that with the boom in the oil patch there just getting way to greedy and don't seem to care. Keep checking and reading these forums and you'll get a wealth of information on the bighorns. The 3055RL is one of the nicest layouts I've seen in that size range. Good Luck in your search. PM if you have any questions.

Trap

also check with lakeshorerv.com in MI, i will be picking up my 3795 tuesday, they beat everone else by about 2,000 bucks...:D

jpmorgan37

Here is one that you should look at also and not too far from you. //heartlandowners.org/showthread.php?t=1381

John

DougLynne

retired Alberta Chapter Leaders
D & D, we also are looking at the 3055 and were in Airdrie a couple of weeks ago. I got the impression they don't deal much. I have priced a couple in the States to compare and have thought about going there. My big concern is service and warrantly work. The Airdrie service dept. is overwhelmed now from what I understand.

Trap

Doug

We did the exact same thing, went to Airdrie and checked them out in Red Deer also. They seem to have the attitude that there price is it, don't want to deal. Your right about there service department, they are constantly advertising for help. The only other option I can see is to buy down south and see if I can find a independant service place that heartland will allow to do the work. They were 5k cheaper at the rv show in Red Deer last winter. Good Luck in your search. There service department really scares me.

Trap:(

d & d

Thanks to all the responses, definitely great info, sorry to see that our problems with finding a dealer are not ours alone. We also have been looking south of the border, for those interested check out this site, http://www.riv.ca/ , all you need to know about importing rv's into Canada.
Maybe we (canadians) should get together and approach a dealer for a package deal

Thanks again

D & D
in Calgary:)

DougLynne

I agree. Airdrie told me they have a problem getting service people and claim all dealers are experiencing the same. I suspect the Alberta boom is the biggest issue.

I wonder if a package deal would work, perhaps not a bad idea to approach a dealership with..../Doug

DougLynne

As I mentioned in a new thread under the Prospective Onwers, we took the big plunge and ordered a 3055 today. They don't negotiate price at all. I showed them prices fro dealers in the US and they claim thay can't get them that cheap. Begs to wonder why we Canadians are having to pay so much more. The dealership said dealers wouldn't service products bought in the US and that we'd have to find an independent who Heartland would honor.

At any rate we like the Bighorm so much and didn't want to get hasselled over Service so we went with our local dealer. I'm not trying to be negative and I'm really glad we have the BH 3055 on order and looking forward to getting out in it in the spring.

As for the above comment about getting together with other potential buyers and getting a deal they would use the referral and give us some compensation. If the fellas are interested, private message me.../Doug

Trap

Doug I just found a dealer in Saskatoon who seems to have way better pricing, than the local stealers. Haven't been able to check it out enough but it's looking like their comparable to buying down south. If it pans out that's where I'll be buying. To take it there for service while a pain, is still better than paying an extra 20% and I have family there. Congrates on your decision to get a 3055RL they are nice units.

Trap

gotfu

When we purchased our Sundance I too found that the dealers didn't want to move much on price. In the end we bought in Calgary because they beat the RedDeer dealer by **** thousand dollars.

****Price edited by Admin per rules...

geeksrus

On July 9th, I picked up my 2008 3400RL from RV Price Busters/Best Buy RV in Springfield Ohio. I saved between $***** to $***** over buying locally. Importing to Canada was a breeze... 20 minutes at customs, paid the GST & $206 to the Registrar of Imported Vehicles, then on our way.

Regarding service & warranty: If the locals won't help, the Ohio dealer will work with Heartland to either have a local dealer be more cooperative or authorize an independant. In the worse case, I'll take the unit to Heartland when I head south for the winter.

So far, this has been a great experience & I'd do it again in a heart beat!

RegardsNone

Edited by Admin to remove trailer costs/savings per forum rules
Jim

geeksrus

Trap said:
Doug I just found a dealer in Saskatoon who seems to have way better pricing, than the local stealers. Haven't been able to check it out enough but it's looking like their comparable to buying down south. If it pans out that's where I'll be buying. To take it there for service while a pain, is still better than paying an extra 20% and I have family there. Congrates on your decision to get a 3055RL they are nice units.

Trap

A friend bought the same model from them (they live in Moose Jaw) & they are not overly impressed with their service. Another gent that I met, purchased a Montana instead of a Big horn as he stated "that dealer in Saskatoon is an idiot"

For whatever it's worth!

nhunter

I bought our 3600Rl at Field of Dreams in Calgary. Price was decent but their service has been outstanding. They get me in on very short notice due to using it for work. Everytime I phone them I tell the wife that is why we bought from them.:D

DougLynne

We also bought from Field of RV Dreams and the service has been anything but good. I call and leave messages that are never returned or they say they will call me back and never do. I don't know what I might have done to tick them off other that spend a good deal of money there, I have been very patient but am totally frustrated with them.../Doug

wfwilson

Founding Canadian Region Director - Retired
Anyone know any dealers in SW ont? I purchased in US this spring and Now I hear there is a dealer in Kitchiner about 3 hr away.
REgards
Wayne